Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Uwharrie Trip / November 11-13, 2011

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar

Thumbs up

One of these days...

I used to go camping out there when I was a Boy Scout (I just live & work in Pittsburgh - I'm 9 generations from NC; the last 7 from Salisbury/Rowan Co.). Not THAT particular location, but I've crawled my '79 Bronco up in them thar hills about a bazillion years ago (late '80's). Folks out west don't realize how ROCKY that area is, 'til you show 'em. I used to "cruise" old logging roads down in the Nantahala National Forest when I was in college (WCU) in my Bronco (it was a cheap & fun date with college girls! ), but that granny low first with the B-W T-18 was a must there in Uwharrie!

Would love to get my old Ramcharger fixed up - with 4 1/2" of lift and 35" A/T's, it'll either clear the rocks or crush 'em - one of the two. Having been up in that country, I wouldn't take a Commander with less than 4" of lift! Unless it's paid for.
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    One of these days...

I used to go camping out there when I was a Boy Scout (I just live & work in Pittsburgh - I'm 9 generations from NC; the last 7 from Salisbury/Rowan Co.). Not THAT particular location, but I've crawled my '79 Bronco up in them thar hills about a bazillion years ago (late '80's). Folks out west don't realize how ROCKY that area is, 'til you show 'em. I used to "cruise" old logging roads down in the Nantahala National Forest when I was in college (WCU) in my Bronco (it was a cheap & fun date with college girls! ), but that granny low first with the B-W T-18 was a must there in Uwharrie!

Would love to get my old Ramcharger fixed up - with 4 1/2" of lift and 35" A/T's, it'll either clear the rocks or crush 'em - one of the two. Having been up in that country, I wouldn't take a Commander with less than 4" of lift! Unless it's paid for.
    I've made every trail there in my commander bro not damage free of course but I was taking the hard lines We had Camp Commander there this year it was a lot of fun watching a convoy of commanders rolling down the trails. You should come out next time we go.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by criket View Post
    ^He had a very nice jeep. It looked well built.

Sal, you know you could at least tack weld the bolt heads in place. That way if you ever had to tighten it again, you'd only need a 9/16 wrench.

Oh and btw guys, Sal only brought one little screw driver with him on this trip. And he used it to replace the line that popped off on his way to URE. That was hilarious.
    Haven't you heard? A screw driver is Sal's right hand tool. He can use it to fix a Jeep and he knows 15 different ways to kill a man with it. A screw driver is ALL he needs.

^He had a very nice jeep. It looked well built.

Sal, you know you could at least tack weld the bolt heads in place. That way if you ever had to tighten it again, you'd only need a 9/16 wrench.

Oh and btw guys, Sal only brought one little screw driver with him on this trip. And he used it to replace the line that popped off on his way to URE. That was hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Haven't you heard? A screw driver is Sal's right hand tool. He can use it to fix a Jeep and he knows 15 different ways to kill a man with it. A screw driver is ALL he needs.
    Hey it had multiple bits at least LMAO hahaahahah.

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    ^HAHA. So Sal is like McGyver, huh? LOL

I think we should plan a URE trip when it opens back up in the spring. I'd love to hit it during the first couple of weeks that it's open next year. After climbing that one ledge on daniel that I've never hit before, I wanna go back, lol.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

^HAHA. So Sal is like McGyver, huh? LOL

I think we should plan a URE trip when it opens back up in the spring. I'd love to hit it during the first couple of weeks that it's open next year. After climbing that one ledge on daniel that I've never hit before, I wanna go back, lol.
    McGyver and I have one thing in common, we were both to lazy to pack the proper tools LOL

There's always a work day in December after the park closes. You get out on the trails and get to give back a little bit.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Do you know when in december.

Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Do you know when in december.
    Not sure yet but it will be posted on NC4x4 when the date is. probably around the 19th I think just a guess...

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread Information