Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not having a great week

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar

Not having a great week

It started last Sunday on Sept 4th.
    I was using my smoker to smoke some chicken. I was adding more charcoal to keep the heat up; as I was doing this the charcoal ended up dropped on the ground (also should say that the BBQ/Smoker is on a wood deck). As I was trying to clean up the hot coals quickly before the deck catches fire, I had lost my footing and land in the pile of the hot coals with my left hand. In all I ended up going to the ER to find out I ended up with a superficial burn to left side of my neck, along with a small cut on my forehead, and 2nd degree burns to my left hand.
    Now last night Friday September 9th about 9 pm I was heading south on HWY 99 in the city of Lynnwood @ about 40 to 45 mph (speed limit is 50) in the center of a 3 lane road in either direction, from the right side I see an dark colored S-10 had decided to attempt to make it across the south bound traffic to make a left to go north on HWY 99 right in front of me. Well he didn’t make it across the south bound traffic & now my Infiniti G35x is totaled. I can’t walk & no broken bones. My right shoulder and neck is sore, along with my right foot & knee swelled up to a grapefruit. Once the aid car got me to the ER I was told that the guy had just left his 50th high school reunion DRUNK!!!!!!! And was on probation on a prior DUI; Thank God My Wife & Son were not in the car when this happened.
    From what I was told was that there was a cop 3 cars behind me that saw the whole event. Along with that, there was an EMT in the car behind me. She was at my car door with in seconds to check if I were ok & kept me calm.
    The police officer had told me @ the ER that the move I had did right before hitting the S-10 was what saved him. Once I knew I was going to hit him & it was going to be straight in to his driver’s door square in the middle. So I yanked on the steering wheel to the left to hit front of the S-10. My thought process was if I went right I would have spun him in to my passenger side causing more harm to myself & if I would have hit him in the door could have killed him. Also so you know there was 3 lanes of traffic going north (aprox 10 cars) So couldn’t go completely left or would have gone head on with the north bound traffic. So I aimed right for his front tire/fender. The driver & the passengers in the S-10 were completely unharmed and was able to walk away; the driver although was arrested.

I will say this I am very happy with the results of the cage for the passanger compartment of this car, it saved my life is how I feel. I will post pic's once I see it today.

Hope for a better week next week lol.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Damn bro! I think you need to take it easy for a while. I glad you are not seriously injured, the car can be replaced. I really despite drunk drivers, if it wasn't for them there would be a lot of lifes spared......assholes! Good luck on your recoveries bro, hope you heal quickly.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I feel your pain, I do hope everything works out well for you. I am glad your family was not in the vehicle.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Thanks Guys.
    Just went by & emptied out the car.

PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    If there is one kind of people that need to be beaten and tortured it is the drunk drivers. Really does not settle well with myself. Glad you are ok, adn the G35 looks like it took the impact alright. Heal fast, and good luck with everything
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Glad your ok bro stinks about your car though. On the upside think you had pretty good luck having a medical person and a cop right there with you. someone was diffidently looking out for you on that one.

I agree sir. I was watched over for that one.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Really sorry for your misfortunes. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    that is a rough one man... glad you're OK overall though.

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Also glad your injuries weren't too serious. So what are you going to replace the G35 with? Just curious. At least you didn't wreck the XK (might have been good for the other fellow as well that you weren't driving it).
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information