Thread: JCoulter's Garage

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoulter View Post
    When looking for something to trail I needed room for my wife and two girls. EVERYONE has a freaking Wrangler and I really didn't want one of those. Plus the guys I was hanging around with have a full size Chevy on tons and a K5 blazer on tons as well. I couldn't afford to go that big as it requires a bigger tow rig and trailer as it is the XJ will be heavy enough. S-10's are to small, Tracker's and Samurai's are hard to come by here. A Toyota might have been a good option but I didn't even look at those plus I don't know anything about those trucks.
    Tracker's and Samurai's are too small too. Seals break on them all the time. the 4Low works on them ok. They aren't very durable in sand. When you got that XJ you did NOT settle lol. It's roomy, solid, and dependable... especially that 4.OHO. The suspension and engine are VERY easy to work with. Easy to convert rear to coils if you wanted. Your aftermarket support is available, cheap bumpers front and rear, cheap cheap cheap.... plenty of exhaust and CAI support in addition to tuners. I LOVED the cargo space and rear seats in the XJ... I like everything about it. I could doze off in the back seat. Or fold the rear seats, and and easily lay out - if I didn't want to bring a tent. The electronics are pretty reliable too. It's also not nearly as heavy as you might think... I think it's under 3400 lbs. The power-to-weight ratio is excellent... and the 231/242 xcase will NOT let you down... I think my ZJ is almost at 4,000lbs.... but it has alot more torque and hp... but the I6 is perfect for that Jeep. You will be very pleased... I can only say good things about the XJ... I just prefer the grand cherokee platforms... a little more refined.
    Last edited by AJeepZJ; 09-17-2011 at 08:47 AM.

Thread Information