Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cookies

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar

Question Cookies

When i exit the forum, I am signed out and have to re enter my information every time I log in.

That happens only on this forum. I am using W7 with IE9

I can not find a setting on the forum that logs me out nor was I able to find one in the IE tools.

Suggestions? Sal, you messing with me now????

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Make sure you have the remember me box checked next to your log in boxes. That's the only setting for the forum if that's checked then your browser is blocking the cookie from this site for some reason. You can try it in another browser to be sure like Chrome which is way better the IE anyway.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    If you are having a problem it is within your browser software, not the forum. the "remember me" is the only setting you should need on the forum side of it.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Make sure you have the remember me box checked next to your log in boxes. That's the only setting for the forum if that's checked then your browser is blocking the cookie from this site for some reason. You can try it in another browser to be sure like Chrome which is way better the IE anyway.
    EXIT
    Last edited by cico7; 10-21-2011 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    If you are having a problem it is within your browser software, not the forum. the "remember me" is the only setting you should need on the forum side of it.
    I do. I did. Dont work. I don't have my cookies blocked. I even reduced the security level. I think it has to do with a MS update. It has happened before.

And it only happens on the site!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Did this just start with the name change? If so... update your bookmarks so you come directly to theultimatejeep instead of xk-forum. Maybe the redirect is messing with the cookies...

Senior Member Getting Dirty ScorpionCrawler's Avatar
    The last few days my virus software has blocked a threat, exploit best, while I am on this site.
    When I exit the site and return I have to log in again, thinking my virus protection is protecting log in info.
    I haven't had the block occur while on any other sites.
    Not sure if it is realted but sounding similiar.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Did this just start with the name change? If so... update your bookmarks so you come directly to theultimatejeep instead of xk-forum. Maybe the redirect is messing with the cookies...
    I changed the webaddress on favorites....i think it works!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    MS does what ever they want and stomps on anyone and anything in there path they always been like that. I keep IE installed because as you said some work sites require it. But everything else I use chrome it's clean and so far the fastes browser I have used.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information