Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Holbie99's Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty XK N00b's Avatar
    Well, time for me to call the optometrist and/or move my laptop back under the light. I stand by my statement however, dark khaki is an awesome color too. (how embarrassing)
    2008 Overland in Black
    Loaded, Leather, 5.7 Hemi QDII,
    All 3 MOPAR Skids, VEC, Tow Pkg., 2" Rough Country Lift, 1 1/4" Spidertrax spacers, 255/75/17 BFG M/T's, Flowmaster 50 series muffler

Member Looking for Dirt Holbie99's Avatar
    Thanks. It is my daily drive so my upgrades could be slow. I would like to lift it (trying to decide between the Rough Country or Rocky Road) and maybe some protection underneath. A like the 4xGuard gear I have seen on some of the other XK on the forum. Bigger tires. Just to start things off.
    2006 65th Annivesary Edition Commander. 3.7L, Rough Country 2 inch lift, Mopar roof basket.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Great Looking Rig, Like the rack too.
    At least this is a XK & not a WK that is Khaki, already have to many WK's that are that color. lol
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Bought this for my first car in 1984 for $500

Over the next three years and alot of money turned it into this.

2006 65th Annivesary Edition Commander. 3.7L, Rough Country 2 inch lift, Mopar roof basket.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    That is really clean, do you still own it?
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Unfortunately no. Got married and bought a house had to sell it. I miss it every day. My son is 11 and I hope to get a project car to teach about cars.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Holbie99 View Post
    Unfortunately no. Got married and bought a house had to sell it. I miss it every day. My son is 11 and I hope to get a project car to teach about cars.
    Thats awesome, I asked my dad to do that and he has no interest in cars. My son is two, and we will have a project Jeep for sure.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Hopefully one day you'll be able to get another muscle car project to do with your son. Me and my dad always talked about it when I was younger and we never had any money while i was growing up. Since leaving the house my dad's business has boomed and we've done 3 project cars together since in spare time. That's how my 66 Ford F100 stepside and 68 falcon coupe came to be. My dad is trailering my 66 from GA to TX hopefully next weekend and taking his falcon(which i took when i left GA cause we didn't have my 66 fininshed) back home to GA to finish it's resto. I can't wait to drive it around. It's a complete body off frame restoration with mostly all original ford stamped parts. I definitely couldn't have afforded it on my own so i really appreciate my dad helping me with it and spending time with me on it.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Quote Originally Posted by superacerc View Post
    Hopefully one day you'll be able to get another muscle car project to do with your son. Me and my dad always talked about it when I was younger and we never had any money while i was growing up. Since leaving the house my dad's business has boomed and we've done 3 project cars together since in spare time. That's how my 66 Ford F100 stepside and 68 falcon coupe came to be. My dad is trailering my 66 from GA to TX hopefully next weekend and taking his falcon(which i took when i left GA cause we didn't have my 66 fininshed) back home to GA to finish it's resto. I can't wait to drive it around. It's a complete body off frame restoration with mostly all original ford stamped parts. I definitely couldn't have afforded it on my own so i really appreciate my dad helping me with it and spending time with me on it.
    The old Fords were nice I learned how to drive in the 68 Ford Twin I beam in the first picture. Incredibly low rear end gears made for some nice Burnouts. I am thinking about another Chevy maybe a Chevelle or Monte Carlo. Would like to go with a Big Block. We will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Holaday07 4.7 View Post
    Thats awesome, I asked my dad to do that and he has no interest in cars. My son is two, and we will have a project Jeep for sure.
    That sounds great. The 4x4 is something new to me. Learning as I go. It is amazing how many kids don't know how to drive a stick and have no idea about what makes a car work. Have fun.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information