Thread: WX and XK forum

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty

WX and XK forum

Is it a horrible idea if we just merge these two sub-forums? Whats relevant to one is, in more cases than not, relevant to the other.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Is it a horrible idea if we just merge these two sub-forums? Whats relevant to one is, in more cases than not, relevant to the other.
    I am open to anything that makes this a better forum, can anyone think of any reason why they should remain separated?
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I thought the original idea was they were suppose to be one forum. I don't see why there separated myself as AJ said whats relevant to one is relevant to us all. I vote to just merge the two or what ever needs to be done.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Situation taken care of, it is now one thread. Previous threads moved to appropriate sections.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I was going to add, that i agree they should be merged.

The ONLY thing that's different is exterior/interior accessories... and even those are similar enough.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty XK N00b's Avatar
    Are we opening the door to WK owners as they share the same platform as the XK? or are we looking to broaden the scope of members coming into the forum? Why not also include the other red-headed stepchild of Jeep 4x4 join as well and invite the KK owners in? It seems to me there is a cult following with them as well as us. It is another mall crawler with a percentage that will take it out and play in the mud. Just a thought
    Last edited by XK N00b; 10-05-2011 at 01:00 PM. Reason: the word for illegitimate child was censored and looked like I said something worse
    2008 Overland in Black
    Loaded, Leather, 5.7 Hemi QDII,
    All 3 MOPAR Skids, VEC, Tow Pkg., 2" Rough Country Lift, 1 1/4" Spidertrax spacers, 255/75/17 BFG M/T's, Flowmaster 50 series muffler

I think the KKs are pretty well covered at LOST. We do have a Liberty subforum here so members are welcome to join..... but I think we're better off staying mainly a XK/WK forum; otherwise before we know it, we'll ne watered down and the XK/WK threads will be pushed to the back.

The reason we combined the WKs isn't just because they didn't have any "home" forums, but also because they're basically identical to the XK except for body shape.... so it just made sense because we can all share the same forum.

here's where we address other platforms: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/forum...-My-Other-Jeep

....its kind of like how we're handled at jeepforum, all posts in one place.

if you have KK friends that's like to join in on our off-road runs, etc, have them sign up! but as far as tech articles, how-to, etc..... they're better off at a more specific forum like LOST.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I think the KKs are pretty well covered at LOST. We do have a Liberty subforum here so members are welcome to join..... but I think we're better off staying mainly a XK/WK forum; otherwise before we know it, we'll ne watered down and the XK/WK threads will be pushed to the back.

The reason we combined the WKs isn't just because they didn't have any "home" forums, but also because they're basically identical to the XK except for body shape.... so it just made sense because we can all share the same forum.
    I agree we have so much in common with the WK's it just made sense to join forces. The other platforms don't really share anything with us beside the Jeep life style.

Thread Information