Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fresh Meat - New Jersey

Fresh Meat - New Jersey

Hey all, I've been a member of jeepcommander.com for over a year, but never knew about this forum until recently.

I've had the '07 3.7 for a year, but I was used mostly by my wife for the kids. I decided to trade in my F150 and get her something new ( 2011 Ford Escape ). Now the commander is all mine. Mineral Grey with the base package.

I found this forum because I was looking to find some shop/mechanic in the area who's able to install lifts ( I don't have the facility at home ). I used to use Meadowlands 4x4, but they are closed now.

Looking forward to all the place has to offer.

Nick

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nserafini View Post
    Hey all, I've been a member of jeepcommander.com for over a year, but never knew about this forum until recently.

I've had the '07 3.7 for a year, but I was used mostly by my wife for the kids. I decided to trade in my F150 and get her something new ( 2011 Ford Escape ). Now the commander is all mine. Mineral Grey with the base package.

I found this forum because I was looking to find some shop/mechanic in the area who's able to install lifts ( I don't have the facility at home ). I used to use Meadowlands 4x4, but they are closed now.

Looking forward to all the place has to offer.

Nick
    Welcome to the club, glad to have you.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Hey Nick, welcome aboard!

Sounds like a similar story to mine.... the commander was my wife's, then I traded in my sierra to eliminate the payment and got the wife a Jeep Liberty (newer style) and now the Commander is mine.

Where in NJ are you? I'm an ex ASE tech and have all my tools at home.... always up for side jobs to help fund my hobby (cough*obsession*cough) of modding and wheeling. I'm in Jackson (northeast Jackson...)

Thanks all, I'm up in Clifton ( I actually work 1 block north of the WTC in the city ). But I do know Jackson, I used to play paintball at fireball mtn and of course 6 Flags

As a matter of fact, one of the guys on the JC.com site had said someone on here was from Jersey and a ASE tech ... Cool. I'm thinking about the 2" lift kit ( i could never stand the slant nose on our commanders ) and doing that means cutting the bolt threads as well as taking the springs out, and I just can't do that where I am.

My wife had never had a " new car " so I figured I would get rid of my truck and trade it in for something. If it was brand new she could have it, if not I would get it. Her Escape had 22 miles on it when i picked it up. I'm more than happy with her getting it. She's pissed I already put in a new nav radio and i'm going to order the lift ( oh, when it was mine you didn't care ) .... Uh , yea ...

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Ah... you're a good ways up there!

I'm actually taking out my RC kit soon to put heaver springs in instead (too much steel is weighing it down). We could probably work something out if you're willing to drive down to Jackson. (Ill even adjust the lower control arm so the alignment will be close and not overlooked when you bring it somewhere.... yeah, that's happened to members).

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Welcome to the forum, you will like it here
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Senior Member Getting Dirty sean112280's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum!!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Welcome to the group. you will get all the help & knowledge you will ever want from this group. Plus all of them will have you laughing.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Hey Dude, welcome to UJ.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Glad you made it over bro and that was me that was recommending you check Matt's garage out I'm shameless in my promotion of this forum LMAO

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information