Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: seatbelt retracters

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc in AZ View Post
    the dealer, by law, must warranty any safety equipment like seat belt inertia reels for a minimum of 7 years IIRC
    That's what I told the local dealer when I went in to get my air bag warning light looked at and the rep told me I did not know what I was talking about, the rep told me for $119.00 they would look at the system and determine the repair and then apply the $119.00 to the repair if I had them do it.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Doc in AZ's Avatar
    that is absolutely incorrect. these dealers want to take your money. they charged me for a new ECM in my jeep and i found out that it was covered under warranty but they didn't tell me that. i'll talk to my buddy at airpark and see what he can do for you jon.
    Stone Soup Metal Works, L.L.C.
    623.939.WELD
    5037 N. 54th Ave - Suite #5 85301
    Residential - Commercial - Automotive
    See our work on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    Thats a cool tool you have there...

Senior Member Getting Dirty sean112280's Avatar
    Thank you for that info Doc!

Senior Member Getting Dirty ScorpionCrawler's Avatar
    Thanks Doc,
    I'm going to the dealer tomorrow am for something else and I'll ask.
    The problem with mine was I forgot to push it back up and I closed the door on it, now there is a tear in the door gasket.

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    Blah, mine has been doing this for a couple of months. Looks like I'll have to get a replacement.

I've bet I slammed the door on the seat belt latch a dozen times over the last week. I've got to where I just get out and toss my seatbelt back onto the seat.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information