Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WK - Any Advice Before Trying To Install Leveling Kit?

Senior Member Getting Dirty ItsMeKO3's Avatar

WK - Any Advice Before Trying To Install Leveling Kit?

Got my 1/2in leveling kit from JBA in the mail yesterday. Planning on installing it Sat with one of the techs from my bro in laws shop. Talked to Meep from JF a bit who had also done this. Just looking for any insight or advice. I've never done any suspension work myself. The tech (Dave) says it shouldn't be to hard. Thanks guys.
    2005 WK - MY GARAGE

^^^ Realized this probably should have gone in the suspension thread. Mods feel free to move if necessary.
    2005 WK - MY GARAGE

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    shouldn't be too hard to install. remove the sway bar bolts (trust me, you wont save any time by leaving them connected). if the front doesn't drop down enough (which it should for those small spacers) removing the axle nut helps drop it down some more.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    I had to remove the bottom strut fork bolt? I took it appart once and then asked, much better idea on asking first! Dissasembling it the second time was a pita and I almost said F it and sold the spacers.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

you installed it in addition to the 2" daystar lift though, right? on a stock vehicle you should be able to slip them right in there.

I'll know for sure tomorrow since ill be putting mine on in addition to my RC spacers (to correct sag due to added weight). if I remember correctly from when I installed my RC lift, I should be able to slip them in there without removing the lower fork bolt (but the axle nut needs to be removed)

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    you installed it in addition to the 2" daystar lift though, right? on a stock vehicle you should be able to slip them right in there.

I'll know for sure tomorrow since ill be putting mine on in addition to my RC spacers (to correct sag due to added weight). if I remember correctly from when I installed my RC lift, I should be able to slip them in there without removing the lower fork bolt (but the axle nut needs to be removed)
    Good call, I did not think about that.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Alright thanks guys. Hopefully Dave the tech will know a lot more about it than I do lol.
    2005 WK - MY GARAGE

Senior Member Getting Dirty CmmdrDan's Avatar
    Really shouldn't be bad at all. Like Matt said just get that hub to drop as far as you can. Should be able to slide it right in.

if you're having a tech help, you have nothing to worry about. hell, I'm doing mine tomorrow "just for fun" because I don't know when my OME springs are coming in. Its really not hard to do if you know your way around the suspension parts.

Senior Member Getting Dirty CmmdrDan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    if you're having a tech help, you have nothing to worry about. hell, I'm doing mine tomorrow "just for fun" because I don't know when my OME springs are coming in. Its really not hard to do if you know your way around the suspension parts.
    Are you gonna leave those in with the OME struts?
    If not can I have dibs on them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information