Update:

These "new" Dormans still aren't working quite right. For the most part, they're all reading correctly... but the LR dropped signal a few times today and I lost the RF twice as well.

Got some more info from the tech at Dorman that i've been working with. ALL of the sensors i've installed were recently manufactured... so battery life is not (should not) have been an issue at all. He has a new theory... a few months ago they changed the chipset and now he thinks the "new" chipset may be the issue. He's sending me 4 "new" sensors that are the old chipset to see if that iradicates the problem.

I'm not sure when im going to get a chance to install those sensors; i don't exactly have a tire machine in my back pocket.

Conclusion

At this point, i'd say that the issues/concerns i've read about Dorman sensors for our jeeps are pretty much confirmed. It's not user error, It's not my jeep, and we're way beyond the possibility of "oh that was just one bad sensor". Even if the next set of sensors that I get solves the problem, how can you make sure the sensors you order are the proper chipset?

If you need sensors, as of right now my recommendation is to stick with OEM or Orange Electronics. My Orange sensors worked flawlessly.
http://www.orangetpmsusa.com/oe-prod...cation-search/

OEM sensors are manufactured by Siemens...