Thread: TPMS Information

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    Ok, so the stock wheels I'm putting on my 06 commander do not have the TPMS sensors... From what I've read I would be best off to get the orange sensors part # SC36AA and have the tire shop install them when mounting the new tires? Will my jeep automatically recognize these sensors or am I gonna be stuck buying some device to calibrate them or something? Thanks..

I have a brand new set of SC36AA for $70 shipped to your door if interested.

The new TPMS from Dodge with replaceable stems pn are
    06-07 56029526AA
    08+ 56029527AA
    The stems are $5 a piece, I still recommend Orange TPMS over OE ones due to the stem being cheaper to replace and they swivel so if you have aftermarket wheels they seat better.

Quote Originally Posted by bncrshr77 View Post
    Ok, so the stock wheels I'm putting on my 06 commander do not have the TPMS sensors... From what I've read I would be best off to get the orange sensors part # SC36AA and have the tire shop install them when mounting the new tires? Will my jeep automatically recognize these sensors or am I gonna be stuck buying some device to calibrate them or something? Thanks..

Member Looking for Dirt NCCommander's Avatar
    If you go up to a larger tire size and have to run say 40-50 pounds, can the sensors be relearned for the higher pressure so the light wont continuously stay on?

EDIT:
    After doing some searching i read that with superchip you could change the setting. Is this the only way?
    Last edited by NCCommander; 07-11-2012 at 01:24 AM.
    2006 Jeep Commander
    4.7, QTII, 2'' RC, 245/75/17 Duratracs, Black Rock 908B wheels, 35% tint, Magnaflow exhaust, Navigator offroad lights

Thread Information