Hey guys, i have another very interesting update!

I installed the "old chip set" from Dorman quite some time ago and they worked really well... sort of. I never lost sensor signal BUT would get a "service TPMS system" message on my dash once in a while; No TPMS light and No TPMS warning chime though. One day I noticed that the right-front tire read 92 PSI for a few minutes before going back to normal and it also looked like the RR and RF signals were switched (noticed that after airing down for offroading).

So we decided to throw OEM sensors in to see what happens. Well, all of the old TPMS part numbers have been superseded and now use the rubber stems.

The part numbers are as follows (XK model year - old PN - new PN):
2006 - 56053030AB - 68078861AA
2007 - 56053036AA - 56029479AB
2008 - 56029359AA - 56029481AB

Fast forward to last week (I wanted to get some miles on them to confirm). I have installed the new 56029479AB sensors, the old PN isn't available anymore and I like having rubber stems since they're better for offroading. Well they're reading, BUT every once in a while I lose a signal at one of my rear tires.

Some more info on this: when working with Dorman tech support they mentioned the rear of the XK's is often a problem because there's only one receiver back there and it often gets confused which sensor it's reading; left vs right wheel well.

I'm due for a rotation in 1000 miles so I'll see if the rear continues being an issue. If it does I might try replacing the receiver back there (actually i wonder if that part has been updated... i'll check that now too).

FWIW:
As of right now, the only sensors that have worked flawlessly on my vehicle are the original OEM sensors AND the Orange Electronics sensors. Also, Sean is running the Orange Electronics on his 2007 XK because he bought those wheels/tires from me, and as far as I know he hasn't had any issues (I'll find out to confirm).

So if you need to buy new sensors, I'd be wary of the new OEM ones. Would love to know if anyone else has issues with the new sensors too. It'll be kind of ironic if I can't resolve this and have to go buy Orange sensors again