Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: TPMS Information

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    What tire pressure are you running? If you're running too much pressure you may be triggering the over-pressure warning after the tires heat up.

Of you could have a sensor that's getting a weak battery since its an 06. They're supposed to be 10 year life, but not all of them last that long. A tire shop with a TPMS tool will be able to tell you if any of the sensors are giving out a weak signal.
    Last edited by Matt; 11-17-2012 at 05:25 AM.

Most of the time a flashing light that goes out on its own is due to low battery in sensor or the sensor is getting clogged from fix a flat or debris in tire.

Junior Member Looking for Dirt frtgy89's Avatar
    When I put the new tires on today 3 of the 5 where bad. So the good ones are in the front until I can get new ones. The two in the front are new so they should last a while, the others where done. Thanks for the part numbers and suggestions, leaning toward the OEM Mopars just to keep everything the same.

Junior Member Looking for Dirt frtgy89's Avatar
    Well I think I'll order the Orange ones. After reading this whole thread they seem to be first choice.

Let us know how they work out. They're the only ones that seemed to work for me

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Since Ill be replacing all 4 tires with MTRs next week, should I replace TPMS as preventative?
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Your call really. Honestly I wouldnt bother.

If the new oem rubber stemmed sensors worked, id say go for them. But you may end up with the same issue as me. I wouldn't buy new aluminum sensors though, they're known to break while offroading so it'd suck to spend money for new ones and break one your next time out.

Id just hate to get tires mounted, balanced, aligned and have a sensor go..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

True... but replacing a sensor is easy; really dont even need to re-balance the tire either.

My luck it would be a week later.. Also while on this topic, anyone know where to find the harnesses that are by the pinch weld?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information