Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TPMS Information

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Remember that they are model year specific so make sure the serial number you have works with your year.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

I have a brand new set of SC36AA for $70 shipped to your door if interested.

The new TPMS from Dodge with replaceable stems pn are
    06-07 56029526AA
    08+ 56029527AA
    The stems are $5 a piece, I still recommend Orange TPMS over OE ones due to the stem being cheaper to replace and they swivel so if you have aftermarket wheels they seat better.

Quote Originally Posted by bncrshr77 View Post
    Ok, so the stock wheels I'm putting on my 06 commander do not have the TPMS sensors... From what I've read I would be best off to get the orange sensors part # SC36AA and have the tire shop install them when mounting the new tires? Will my jeep automatically recognize these sensors or am I gonna be stuck buying some device to calibrate them or something? Thanks..

Member Looking for Dirt NCCommander's Avatar
    If you go up to a larger tire size and have to run say 40-50 pounds, can the sensors be relearned for the higher pressure so the light wont continuously stay on?

EDIT:
    After doing some searching i read that with superchip you could change the setting. Is this the only way?
    Last edited by NCCommander; 07-11-2012 at 01:24 AM.
    2006 Jeep Commander
    4.7, QTII, 2'' RC, 245/75/17 Duratracs, Black Rock 908B wheels, 35% tint, Magnaflow exhaust, Navigator offroad lights

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Superchips can change the setting. However you do not have to run that high of a pressure. For full capacity on these vehicles 35-40 psi is plenty with most LT tire sizes. There's a sticky that explains how to calculate your tire pressure as well.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I have 285/70R17s on my XK and I run them at 38 lbs and have perfect tire wear.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty stites-xk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    I have 285/70R17s on my XK and I run them at 38 lbs and have perfect tire wear.
    Same here!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stites-xk View Post
    Same here!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Yuuup!

Member Looking for Dirt NCCommander's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Superchips can change the setting. However you do not have to run that high of a pressure. For full capacity on these vehicles 35-40 psi is plenty with most LT tire sizes. There's a sticky that explains how to calculate your tire pressure as well.
    Word, thank you sir.
    2006 Jeep Commander
    4.7, QTII, 2'' RC, 245/75/17 Duratracs, Black Rock 908B wheels, 35% tint, Magnaflow exhaust, Navigator offroad lights

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Anytime man.

Member Looking for Dirt
    Good information in this thread, but I've been having a problem with mine....

Okay, recently I went on a trip and the tire pressure light on the dash started flashing then goes out. Stopped and checked all the pressures including the spare and they were all good. It's been a few weeks now and randomly the light comes on and flashes for about 30 secs and goes back off. I wasn't sure if it would flag a fault code, so I hooked up the scanner, and nothing. Has anyone else have this problem? I figured I would let it go for awhile, since I travel a lot for work. But now it's starting to bother me. Ay suggestions would be great.
    2006 Jeep Commander Limited, 4.7L, QDII, 4" Superlift Supension Lift, Procomp Xtreme Mud Terrain Tires 285 70R17, Mickey Thompson Classic ii Wheels 17X9, AEM Brute Force CAI, Superchip flashpaque, 4XGuard belly guard, 4XGuard Front Guard, Rear Grab handles and Defender Roof Rack.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information