Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Strut Spacer Install

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Normally when lifting a vehicle like this (2+ inches without compensating for angles) its difficult to keep the camber/caster within factory specs because the adjustments arent designed to change that much.

Its possible that yours are within spec and the service manager misunderstood. He may have also peaked under there and didnt see any adjustment cams on the control arm and just assumed it wasn't adjustable. So it could all be a miscommunication issue.

let us know how it turns out!

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    I talked to the alignment mechanic today. He said he did know that you can mess with the bolts on the bottom but said something to the effect of it's difficult to get it right and be precise. He said that the driver side was within factory tolerance and the passenger side was right on the edge of factory tolerance. Also said that it's easiest to buy aftermarket cam bolts for the UCA and do it but that if i wanted to get it closer that he'll try adjusting the LCA bolts anytime and to just come back whenever. I'll be busy this weekend cause my dad is bring the truck from GA tomorrow and we're going to be doing some MX riding while he's here. I'll probably take it down there monday or tuesday.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

It is difficult to be precise and its a PITA because you need to lift the front of the vehicle, adjust the LCA, lower the vehicle, reset the sensors and do a caster sweep (process of turning the wheel left/right to get the readings). That said, I'm surprised you're within factory specs given the location of your mounts.

Thanks for the advice. I'll let him know if he doesn't know already exactly what to do. I wonder how much the aftermarket adjustable bolts would be for the UCA. Might just be nice to put em on. He said that the design that our commander has is also common to a few other jeeps and heavy duty trucks(2500, f250, etc...) as well. He also said that if i were willing to buy the aftermarket cam bolts for the UCA he'd put them in for free and realign it.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers

Quote Originally Posted by superacerc View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I'll let him know if he doesn't know already exactly what to do. I wonder how much the aftermarket adjustable bolts would be for the UCA. Might just be nice to put em on. He said that the design that our commander has is also common to a few other jeeps and heavy duty trucks(2500, f250, etc...) as well. He also said that if i were willing to buy the aftermarket cam bolts for the UCA he'd put them in for free and realign it.
    Sounds like he's a competent guy and knows what needs to be done.

I've considered getting the aftermarket cam bolts.... was going to see how my alignment looked after installing JBA arms and decide if I need them

Eibach Cam Bolts

Those are pretty expensive. I think for now we'll just do it the hard way.

lol Exactly!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information