Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Autoblog (5 Years old)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty

Autoblog (5 Years old)

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/11/23/f...rand-cherokee/

Did anyone read this blog when It came out several years ago. It compares the concept Commander against the released WK series. And then production actually started on a Commander. But they really don't look too much alike. One of my main questions for you XK folks is... Would you have bought the XK if it looked like this concept 5 years ago?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I would NOT have bought this:

With that said... in all honesty I was not (and still am not) very fond of the XK in stock form. Just like the Discovery, it looks like a baseball cap with wheels.... However, throw a 2-3" lift on it, widen the stance and some more aggressive tires and it COMPLETELY changes to a very rugged/nice looking vehicle; probably has something to do with proportions...

Stock vs. Stock... I'd take a WK...

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    No I would not purchase that at all. The stock XK is OK I like the stock XK over stock WK though. Both Jeeps look tons better with just a little work I think the XK improves more with less work.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I would not have purchased the concept vehicle either, I stock Commander is okay. I really was on the leading edge of Commander modifications so there was nothing to compare too, now I think stock is a little boring.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty CmmdrDan's Avatar
    I drove past a Stock XK today. Lets just say I need to get a few Stickers on it for that poor guy to get some help. He was showing all kinds of Commander Envy when I went by. Jon when I get my first paycheck expect a lifetime membership from me!

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CmmdrDan View Post
    Jon when I get my first paycheck expect a lifetime membership from me!
    I look forward to the support, but make sure all is good at home first, we are not going away.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    I look forward to the support, but make sure all is good at home first, we are not going away.
    And ur godfather??? - all those commodities will have to wait!

You shut it sir.

Quote Originally Posted by CmmdrDan View Post
    You shut it sir.
    I'm just look out for the best interest of our... YOUR Godson!

Don't worry about that. He will be well taken car of. He will have plenty of room to stretch his legs in the back of the XK!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information