I called a local dealer about extended warranties for pricing info. This fella was over the dealership and while his dealership didn't offer certified used at this time he said he was a big proponent of it based upon his experience from a previous dealer. He said they really did go through the cars with a fine tooth comb and that was worth a lot in his opinion. His advice was actually working against a warranty sale so he had little reason to suggest it.

Now the out of area dealer I purchased it from told me the certification doesn't mean as much as it used to, he said they made the process easier and thus it lost some of it's value. I will say, looking back I believe button panel was bad and maybe the HVAC flapper door were both issues when we bought it but we didn't notice until later. If they went though it the way they were supposed to that should have been caught. On a positive note, it appeared on the carfax that the dealer replaced the brakes and rotors (@ 32K miles) which I think might of been caught during there certification.