Thread: Disappointed with reliability so far...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Member Looking for Dirt
    Followup to an old thread. Happy to report no new issues. The first few months were pretty rocky and we became a bit concerned but after that it has been trouble free. ...crossing fingers that luck continues.
    2008 Jeep Commander Overland

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar
    Biggest issue I'VE had, is the local dealer contesting the WARRANTY on everything. I have 4k miles of warranty left, and HOPE to get the front U-joints and leaky tranny lines covered under it. If you have a good dealer down there, lemmee know. Charleston is close ENOUGH to Pittsburgh!
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Member Looking for Dirt
    One reason we wanted Certified used is so we can get an extended factory warranty, we have a 8yr - 80K. Now that I'm looking to put a lift on it I called around to all the local dealerships asking if a 2" lift would effect my warranty. The two closest said they would deny service on a power window if a lift is installed, per Chryslers policies. That is just rediculous and made me not interested in dealing with either. I did find one that seems to be willing to work with me. They said that if the parts are directly related such as suspension or CV joints they may not, but electronics, motor, transmission all would be fine. Unfortunately, they are in the wrong direction for you.
    2008 Jeep Commander Overland

Thread Information