Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front axle seal

Senior Member Getting Dirty ScorpionCrawler's Avatar

Front axle seal

I was wondering if anyone has replaced the front axle seal.
    I was crawling around last night looking at the trans replace job and found a drip.
    I don't remember it there before vacation.
    Any input would be welcome.
    I need to have the struts replaced again, which are both leaking and were replaced in July.
    Dealer is warranting the part but not the labor so I may do the struts and the seal and maybe a lift all at the same time.
    Anything else you think I should replace while I have it apart?

[/IMG]

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Go ahead and getthe OME lift, and you will spend about the same if you install it yourself
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holaday07 4.7 View Post
    Go ahead and getthe OME lift, and you will spend about the same if you install it yourself
    x2.
    The OME is the way to go and you can permenantly disconnect the rear sway bar with the stiffer springs. They also help keep out sag as you add accessories.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    might as well hit the sway bar bushings while under there I guess. You can also do the diff isolater I think it's called I read a few members having to replace that.

I've got to replace that on mine. I just looked under there yesterday and the rubber bushing on the isolater is tearing up pretty good.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers

Quote Originally Posted by superacerc View Post
    I've got to replace that on mine. I just looked under there yesterday and the rubber bushing on the isolater is tearing up pretty good.
    Are you getting any clunking noise?

No it's not quite that far gone. The rubber is still mostly intact but starting to tear. I do get a slight pop when changing from Reverse to Forward that i think is caused by it but not any other time. I think i'll find the part somewhere and just go ahead and replace it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by superacerc View Post
    No it's not quite that far gone. The rubber is still mostly intact but starting to tear. I do get a slight pop when changing from Reverse to Forward that i think is caused by it but not any other time. I think i'll find the part somewhere and just go ahead and replace it myself.
    Ya that is mostly what people report is the clunk changing gears.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    I cant find this under mine. Can someone take a pic of the location?
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    What diff isolator are you guys refering to? Pics please!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information