Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Leaking water?

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Used to wish i had a sunroof. Now i'm glad I don't. Good luck on the cleaning.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Took me about 15 minutes to clean the drains.... the passenger side, which is the side I noticed leaking, had a bug stuck in it.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    My sunroof is an aftermarket sunroof, outsourced by the Jeep dealership in Cary, N.C. But after 2 years, I have not had a problem with it leaking water on the inside. It is very different from the one that comes equipped with the WK's. There is a secondary drain pan on the inside of the cabin that will catch any water that would supposedly leak into the cabin. I have only seen a little water in this pan when we have torrential rain for days - typically hurricane-like weather, the only other time it does it is when the cabin is significantly warmer than the outside condensation will build up and drain in this pan as well. It's drains tubes are located on the driver-side door.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Eh, if I had to remove the entire headliner or something I'd be a bit mad. But for 15 minutes of work every 4-5 years, its not a big deal. Actually its so easy to do that I may clean them out more often, maybe every other fall, Just so it never becomes a notable issue again.

Senior Member Getting Dirty BonesWK's Avatar
    I fell victim to this issue this past weekend thanks to Andrea. Though a weak storm, I had my jeep backed into my driveway which is sloped... well I guess the sloping forced all the water towards my sunroof and front of my jeep. Got in it to drive a couple days after the storm and had puddles of water on my passenger and driver side floor boards.

Looks like some investigating is needed. - I love the smell of mildew in the morning!

Edit - yes I know its a revive, but I used search!
    Ryan ---- 2006 WK 4.7 QDII <- Click for Garage
    2.25" RR Lift - Front Bilstiens - Rear OMEs - 32" Wildpeaks - Saguaro 4x Shackles - Tail Light Guards - AFE intake - Rola - Exhaust
    Twitter Facebook ---- Chive On
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Can't wait to see that big girl on those fat meats!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Probably sunroof drain plugged. Also check door seals and windshield seals
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Member Looking for Dirt
    Her is a link to a video that shows a 5 min fix for blocked drains

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...47534661,d.eWU
    2006 Jeep Commander Limited, 4.7L, QDII, 4" Superlift Supension Lift, Procomp Xtreme Mud Terrain Tires 285 70R17, Mickey Thompson Classic ii Wheels 17X9, AEM Brute Force CAI, Superchip flashpaque, 4XGuard belly guard, 4XGuard Front Guard, Rear Grab handles and Defender Roof Rack.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulf550 View Post
    Her is a link to a video that shows a 5 min fix for blocked drains

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...47534661,d.eWU
    dude, awesome! Thanks for the post
    2.25" RR Lift - Front Bilstiens - Rear OMEs - 32" Wildpeaks - Saguaro 4x Shackles - Tail Light Guards - AFE intake - Rola - Exhaust

Well another revive, now since the ice storm and it thawing at once on my jeep, my pillars AND my middle section where the garage door buttons are leaked water the whole way into work.

Looks like its investigation time again. I already cleared these dang things out already. I think they may be clogged again with all the salt and mud I have been through
    Last edited by BonesWK; 02-13-2014 at 06:28 AM.

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BonesWK View Post
    Well another revive, now since the ice storm and it thawing at once on my jeep, my pillars AND my middle section where the garage door buttons are leaked water the whole way into work.

Looks like its investigation time again. I already cleared these dang things out already. I think they may be clogged again with all the salt and mud I have been through
    Snow is already thawing towards your way?!? We got almost a foot and it's still coming down hard

I hope you find the source for the leaks. Double check condition of all the seals/weather stripping since you jeep is a few years old some parts mat be dry rotted a little. I know my 2009 work vehicle has some dry rotting on the seals. It leaks a little.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information