Thread: Trail damage at Silverton

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Getting Dirty ped4599's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrialByFire View Post
    Sorry no exhaust pics today. It's been raining here all day.

As for the FlowMaster sound level, it is pretty noticable on acceleration (even minor acceleration) but at a steady speeds it is about as quiet as the OEM setup--though I haven't had it on the freeway yet.

Jon, you should have done the trail. It is one of the best I've done so far and ranks right up there with the best Moab has to offer. The particular obstacle that grabbed my muffler has a lot of different lines and a couple of winch points. It was definately the hardest point on the trail but the only one without a bypass (the FS closed it off).

Yes, I do need new bumpers but it will be a while. I'll probably do the rear first so I have a place to mount my 33" spare.
    Trialbyfire,
    I told you this was a trail that you should try if you get a chance. I knew you would like it. I did warn you though about possible damage!
    SOOOO.....Did you have a winch with you this time? did you need a winch to get up the "wall"?....were you able to make it up or did you go back down?

Hope you had fun.

-justin
    2010 Black LIMITED HEMI, Quadra DRIVE II, 2.25 inch RR lift, Off road tires (in garage) MAXXIS 265/70-17 on RUBI rims, 1.5 inch Spydertrax spacers, 4xguard: EVERYTHING I CAN GET MY HANDS ON! ROLA roof rack, RUGGED RIDGE 8500 synthetic winch, and a car seat with a CUTE backseat driver.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    That is freaking out standing

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty TrialByFire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ped4599 View Post
    Trialbyfire,
    I told you this was a trail that you should try if you get a chance. I knew you would like it. I did warn you though about possible damage!
    SOOOO.....Did you have a winch with you this time? did you need a winch to get up the "wall"?....were you able to make it up or did you go back down?

Hope you had fun.

-justin
    I spent about five minutes trying various lines, then got stuck on 'The Wall'. I spent the next hour trying to get unstuck. A couple of guys in a JK had arrived a bit earlier and were entertained watching me before I let them winch me up as it was about to rain. I can't wait to go back with a broom! The easiest way up was covered with sand and I just couldn't seem to get any traction. 'The Wall' was steep but clean which is what enticed me to try it. My other problem (I have many, I know) was that my ESP/BAS and ABS warning lights had come back on (an intermittent occurance) and I'm not sure the system was working properly.

Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrialByFire View Post
    I spent about five minutes trying various lines, then got stuck on 'The Wall'. I spent the next hour trying to get unstuck. A couple of guys in a JK had arrived a bit earlier and were entertained watching me before I let them winch me up as it was about to rain. I can't wait to go back with a broom! The easiest way up was covered with sand and I just couldn't seem to get any traction. 'The Wall' was steep but clean which is what enticed me to try it. My other problem (I have many, I know) was that my ESP/BAS and ABS warning lights had come back on (an intermittent occurance) and I'm not sure the system was working properly.
    I think that you would have climbed right up that wall if you did not have that heavy "air compressor" in the back of your Commander.
    2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty TrialByFire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HueyPilotVN View Post
    I think that you would have climbed right up that wall if you did not have that heavy "air compressor" in the back of your Commander.
    I must say, it came in handy too! I was running 15 lbs and as they winched me up, the rear passenger tire 'burped' and dropped to 9 lbs!
    '06 XK Limited, 5.7 Hemi, QDII, OME struts & HD springs, JBA UCAs, 285/70R17 BFG KM2, 4XGuard Sliders, 4XGuard Diff Guard, Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks, custom bumpers and Warn xi9000
    Wish list: SFA, in-dash Windows 8 PC
    http://www.fuelly.com/driver/Blade/commander

Thread Information