Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trail damage at Silverton

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superacerc View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'm a fan of a quiet interior on a daily driver so that deters me from going with the flowmaster. I dont mind hearing it but i don't like drone. Does yours drone inside the cab? Not sure if that's a clear question. I've been in several small cars where people put the horrible can mufflers on them and it drives me crazy! Does it do that or make it hard to talk when riding down the freeway? If you just hear it but it's unobtrusive that's fine with me.
    I will try this weekend to take a video with driving it on the freeway so you can tell for yourself if that will help.
    It is a 3" from the CAT back.
    Keep in mind I am running MT's & also has a CAI also using a Flashpaq with it so that can change the tone a bit.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Looks like you are going to be getting new bumpers soon, lol. Love the pic man, post some up of the rest of the trail ride?
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    I will try this weekend to take a video with driving it on the freeway so you can tell for yourself if that will help.
    It is a 3" from the CAT back.
    Keep in mind I am running MT's & also has a CAI also using a Flashpaq with it so that can change the tone a bit.
    I started a new thread so as not to go off topic here.
    Exhaust comparisons
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty TrialByFire's Avatar
    Sorry no exhaust pics today. It's been raining here all day.

As for the FlowMaster sound level, it is pretty noticable on acceleration (even minor acceleration) but at a steady speeds it is about as quiet as the OEM setup--though I haven't had it on the freeway yet.

Jon, you should have done the trail. It is one of the best I've done so far and ranks right up there with the best Moab has to offer. The particular obstacle that grabbed my muffler has a lot of different lines and a couple of winch points. It was definately the hardest point on the trail but the only one without a bypass (the FS closed it off).

Yes, I do need new bumpers but it will be a while. I'll probably do the rear first so I have a place to mount my 33" spare.
    '06 XK Limited, 5.7 Hemi, QDII, OME struts & HD springs, JBA UCAs, 285/70R17 BFG KM2, 4XGuard Sliders, 4XGuard Diff Guard, Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks, custom bumpers and Warn xi9000
    Wish list: SFA, in-dash Windows 8 PC
    http://www.fuelly.com/driver/Blade/commander

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    I still have the flat spot on my exhaust tip from when I did the same thing. Glad you're having fun!

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TrialByFire View Post
    Jon, you should have done the trail. It is one of the best I've done so far and ranks right up there with the best Moab has to offer. The particular obstacle that grabbed my muffler has a lot of different lines and a couple of winch points. It was definately the hardest point on the trail but the only one without a bypass (the FS closed it off).
    I will add it to my Ultimate Jeep Summit 2013 list of must do trails!
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty ped4599's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrialByFire View Post
    Sorry no exhaust pics today. It's been raining here all day.

As for the FlowMaster sound level, it is pretty noticable on acceleration (even minor acceleration) but at a steady speeds it is about as quiet as the OEM setup--though I haven't had it on the freeway yet.

Yes, I do need new bumpers but it will be a while. I'll probably do the rear first so I have a place to mount my 33" spare.
    Trialbyfire,
    I told you this was a trail that you should try if you get a chance. I knew you would like it. I did warn you though about possible damage!
    SOOOO.....Did you have a winch with you this time? did you need a winch to get up the "wall"?....were you able to make it up or did you go back down?

Hope you had fun.

-justin
    2010 Black LIMITED HEMI, Quadra DRIVE II, 2.25 inch RR lift, Off road tires (in garage) MAXXIS 265/70-17 on RUBI rims, 1.5 inch Spydertrax spacers, 4xguard: EVERYTHING I CAN GET MY HANDS ON! ROLA roof rack, RUGGED RIDGE 8500 synthetic winch, and a car seat with a CUTE backseat driver.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    That is freaking out standing

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    .... what I would give to go wheeling with you man! maybe us east coast guys can rent a car hauler one day to ship our rigs out west... then wheel them for a week and send them back!

ill check out the shocks lengths And mounting options from Rancho after I put the kids to bed tonight and let ya know.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty TrialByFire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ped4599 View Post
    Trialbyfire,
    I told you this was a trail that you should try if you get a chance. I knew you would like it. I did warn you though about possible damage!
    SOOOO.....Did you have a winch with you this time? did you need a winch to get up the "wall"?....were you able to make it up or did you go back down?

Hope you had fun.

-justin
    I spent about five minutes trying various lines, then got stuck on 'The Wall'. I spent the next hour trying to get unstuck. A couple of guys in a JK had arrived a bit earlier and were entertained watching me before I let them winch me up as it was about to rain. I can't wait to go back with a broom! The easiest way up was covered with sand and I just couldn't seem to get any traction. 'The Wall' was steep but clean which is what enticed me to try it. My other problem (I have many, I know) was that my ESP/BAS and ABS warning lights had come back on (an intermittent occurance) and I'm not sure the system was working properly.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information