Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exhaust systems, how they compare.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    I watched several Youtubes, of the 40, 44, and 50, and while the 50 was nice, I think for sound + performance, the 44 still tops it. Or I could be wrong.

Why the 50 over the 44, in your estimation?
    I guess its just a personal preference. But I think the 50 series SUV muffler is great on the 4.7 liter. It has a mean sound to it and its not raspy at all. You dont get that loud interior drone like you do with the 40 or 44 series and can actuall carry on a conversation while driving..lol Not to mention how many people that have come up to me saying how great it sounds.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Member Looking for Dirt cprokopf's Avatar
    I'm torn between the cheap Thrush muffler or the Flowmaster Series 50. Anyone know which model I need for my 3.7 WK? What diameter inlets and where they are located?

2.5 inch....offset inlet, center outlet. I'm not sure how the 50 series will sound on your 3.7 liter. Sounds amazing on my 4.7...
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Member Looking for Dirt cprokopf's Avatar
    I'm starting to think that the investment into a Flowmaster or Dynamax probably isn't worth it on the weak little 3.7. Might just go with the Thrush. I've regretted buying the 3.7 ever since day one.

Why do u regret buying it. What are you trying to do? There is more then u think out for the 3.7 liter now. You can get shorty headers....cold air intake...performance tune...3.73 gears.....4 low....just saying

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    granted the XK is heavier... The only regret I have about the 3.7 is that it didnt come with 4lo... But the fact that I can fix that now makes it so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    granted the XK is heavier... The only regret I have about the 3.7 is that it didnt come with 4lo... But the fact that I can fix that now makes it so much better.
    That and you can regear to 3.73's! If only someone made 4.10's for the front diff!!!!!

Well, lol im trying to keep calm, lol.... I want to wait untill your write-up is available. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Well, lol im trying to keep calm, lol.... I want to wait untill your write-up is available. Lol.
    Im going to hold off on the transfer case write up. cmdr jim might be able to make this process a little easier for you guys instead of going the route I went with finding a donor 3.7 Liter WK with QT II. In the mean time, start looking for a NV245 out of a WK with 3.7 Liter and QT II. That will be needed.

As far as the gears go, just find a front differential at a junk yard with 3.73's out of the same year WK and make sure it has the same pinion flange as yours so your front drive shaft will bolt up to it. For the rear its sort of a process and to hard to do a write up. You really need to know what your doing to get the proper shim on the pinion and get the back lash set properly. Not only that but there are a bunch of special tools needed and the bearings need to be pressed on the carrier and pinion. Road trip to my house and ill do it all for you!

I could pull off a road trip.... But... Lol. But, id still need a descriptive parts list of what I need to bring with me.... And I bet Sal wants to come!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information