Last week I took my Commnader in for repairs becuase the air bag warnign light was stuck on and my air bag system was disabled. Well the dealership charged me $200.50 to reset the passenger seat moduale as they told me that I must be traveling with a bag on teh passenger seat or something and it threw the system off (told then my wife was not a bag). The truth is I don't place anything in the seat and it is just faulty electronics!

Last night I drive my smart home and park it in the driveway like I always do (when the garage is full). I went out ten minutes later to move the car and it would not start. Called the tow truck and paid the $120.00 to take it to the only smart dealer in the state 30 miles away and now I wait for them to call me and tell me how much money they are going to take from me to replace another failed electronic part.

From what I read on the smart car forum it is a failed shifter gate or shifter mechanism. Most owners complain that it takes several weeks for the parts to get here and the repair is between $600 and $750.