View Poll Results: What Steel Armadillo Logo do you like?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • # 1

1 8.33%
  • # 2

9 75.00%
  • # 3

0 0%
  • # 4

2 16.67%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steel Armadillo Logo

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    I thought about SA4X or SA4X4, thoughts?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty El Cid's Avatar
    AJeepZJ: To get the laser to cut something out with such fine features would be very time-consuming and thus cost-inducing. Time is literally money on the beam, and you would have to run it very slow in order to avoid blow-out on some of those thin pieces. Costs would soar or the parts would look terrible. And even if you did manage to get them cut reasonably, all of those little nooks and crannies would begin the rust-pop of the powdercoat in very short order.

As for "SA4x" and "SA4x4": I think you'd be well-served by avoiding anything that looks "copycat" of "4xGuard." We've already seen "Saguaro 4xComponents" (S4xC) and "Asfir4x4" follow 4xG into this market. Dare to be different, I say. Besides, "SA4x" doesn't mean anything.

For whatever my advice is worth, I would highly recommend a consistency of branding across your formal logo and your product logo. The designs you have are quite clever and fancy, and they'd be good for a t-shirt or some such. I just wouldn't suggest them for the official logo.
    Mike
    2006 5.7L Limited, Inferno Red, QDII, and all goodies. Modified Superlift 4" lift-kit, B.F.G. 285/70R17 A/Ts (1.25" spacers), Aries tail-light guards, AVS ventvisors, KC Hilites off-road lights, and from 4xGuard: Belly Guard, Front Guard 4, Matrix brush guard with Receiver and Grill Hoop, Rear Diff Guard, Rear Guard 2, Rear Sliders, and Side Guards.

Senior Member Getting Dirty DetroitMarauder's Avatar
    My 2 pesos, for what its worth, is to not put any markings or the such on a visible portion of the product. That is one of my biggest problems with the 4xguard stuff. Their name or logo emblazoned on it makes me feel like I would be a mobile billboard for them. Not only am I spending a ton of money on an item but I have to look at their name every time I look at my vehicle. It goes back to that aesthetic look I like.

I would rather it be a conversation starter. "Hey man, where did you get that (insert product name here)?" "I got it at the Steel Armadillo. Here's their website, go check it out."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information