Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Speed

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    operates at normal speed for me

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Well, it was my fault I guess even though this site was loading the slowest out of all the sites I visit my router took a dump. Today when we woke up everyone was complaining that the internet was running real slow so I performed some tests. My cable modem direct connect was maxing out at 33 MPS pretty good speed but same test going threw the router was 500 KPS Did some work and some reboots and it eventually made to 1 MPS totally unacceptable. It was an old G router but even when it was working it was working at only half my connection speed and was horrible at streaming videos from one device to another. So off to best buy I went and I went big, got a top of the line N+ 2.5 GHZ and 5 GHZ dual band router at 480 MPS wireless speed hehehehe.... It also allows you to plug in hard drives and access them from any device so I have my 1 terabyte hard drive plugged in to that as well. It's not over kill it's really ridiculous the crap I have hooked up to the internet now. I have 3 PS3's, 4 laptops, 1 desk top, 1 wii, direct TV, 2 flat screens, 4 smart phones and a partridge in a pear treeeeeee..... I tried getting the 50MPS connection but my area don't have that yet So when my son and I are slaying each other on MW2 and my daughter is watching netflix and the wife is doing work we can all be happy. I also streamed some movies off my hard drive I hooked up to the router threw my PS3 to watch on my TV and the HD picture didn't miss a beat it worked great. Oh the router is a Belkin N750 I think it said. I don't think the brand is so important but any N+ dual band router would work so if things are sluggish this might be worth the investment.

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    Sal if your internal network cards are only G then an N router doesn't really help much.. So if you think it's fast now, grab a couple of N cards for your computers and then be even happier

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    My router is getting old and starts & stops at all the worse times, I need to go buy a new one too.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoaxci5 View Post
    Sal if your internal network cards are only G then an N router doesn't really help much.. So if you think it's fast now, grab a couple of N cards for your computers and then be even happier
    Two of my laptops have the high speed card and one runs on the 5 ghz signal so that ones pretty quick. Im thinking about upgrading the others just not sure if it's worth it for the smaller computers.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    I like the N wireless modems and cards. Wish I could update some of my other computers.

Senior Member Getting Dirty DetroitMarauder's Avatar
    I just bought this last week and it is awesome.

It's a modem and wireless router combo. One unit and no network cable unless you're hooking up a desktop that needs it. A little pricey but you get what you pay for.

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-SURFb...8105548&sr=8-5
    Last edited by DetroitMarauder; 10-08-2011 at 01:28 PM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I recant that last post... i started noticing it today. Definitely seems slower...

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    hmmmm.... forum speed has picked up... but i think all the members are MIA

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    hmmmm.... forum speed has picked up... but i think all the members are MIA
    Not all of them
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information