Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Damaged Pipes (Cat Converters?)

Senior Member Getting Dirty

Damaged Pipes (Cat Converters?)

I dont know if this is the right place to post this. I smashed the two pipes that the Belly Guard cover. They are really pretty dented up. Yesterday I took the Jeep and put about a hundred miles on it, and it feels sluggish. Should I leave it alone and just do the plugs, or just let the exhaust stay as is till it rusts out. Not a huge deal, but it did not seem to have as much go, and was searching for grears on every hill.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Holaday07 4.7 View Post
    ]I dont know if this is the right place to post this.
    Created a new thread over here for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Holaday07 4.7 View Post
    I smashed the two pipes that the Belly Guard cover. They are really pretty dented up. Yesterday I took the Jeep and put about a hundred miles on it, and it feels sluggish. Should I leave it alone and just do the plugs, or just let the exhaust stay as is till it rusts out. Not a huge deal, but it did not seem to have as much go, and was searching for grears on every hill.
    I hope you aren't talking about your Cat Converters are you? Because damage to those will give you those exact symptoms. If it is your cats, fix asap... Pricey though =/
    Last edited by AJeepZJ; 10-07-2011 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Created a new thread over here for you.

I hope you aren't talking about your Cat Converters are you? Because damage to those will give you those exact symptoms. If it is your cats, fix asap... Pricey though =/
    **** I hope not, I will try and take pics of it this weekend. Damaged cat would make sense though, I had to switch that out on my Altima and it really hurt the mpg and power.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Stupid question, how did you smash up the CATs if you have the belly guard?
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    Stupid question, how did you smash up the CATs if you have the belly guard?
    I was HONESTLY asking myself the same question, lol.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    I was HONESTLY asking myself the same question, lol.
    I've dropped my Jeep on that belly guard pretty darn hard and barely dented the skid so I'm not sure how you damage the cats if you skid is installed unless he took it off for something.... also if you did dent your cats then you have to replace them check rockauto or somewhere and bring them with you to be installed I wouldn't let the shop orders that part they will kill you on the price.

I dont have the Belly Guard! They were out, and I decided to go on the run anyways. May be paying the price now, but I will have an exhaust shop check it out.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    don't drive too long on damaged cats. if dented/damaged then its likely the mesh broke and is clogging. That's like trying to run your engine With a sealed exhaust; hence the lack of power

yeah I dont want anything getting pulled up in the engine either (something they warned me about on my car) Ill see what the shop says today

Good luck, bro.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information