Thread: Heading out to the highway

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar
    I have a guy that can do it right. I did my '85 redone in Alcantara (suede) for 5 bills. Looks pristine. There are lots of things that can be DIY for less than you might think. The Z is holding it's own. Aside from blowing the Koni sports in a year (should have gone with coil overs DUH) and going from Dinan to H&R springs the thing performes great. I just put Bilstein Sports and H&R springs on the 5 and it handles much much better. I need to lower the back perches cuz I almost lost the rear a few times in Austin. That plus a short shift N a few other goodies make it a nice sport daily driver.
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Sounds nice. I don't need fancy material. Wouldn't mind just having the stock headliner properly installed. I think the headliner is 140 from VW. Sounds like the old 5 is pretty nice. I'd love one of the new 1 series models. You know i find myself wanting just about every car around. I need to really stop wanting them all. You'll have to take a look at my 66 sometime.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar
    Would love to! My uncle runs a shop in Detroit where he has claimed #1 in NHRA drag competitions. He has a dyno at his shop and has offered to do my Z for free. The ol 5 is kickin for it's age. It's still an old car - no skid control, dynamic control, but its fun! I love the old muscle beasts.......cant be beat in my book.
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

Thread Information