Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Two transfer case DTCs today...

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    t-case clutch locked up today... could barely pull into a parking spot (sharp turn).

yup, just ordered that tcase motor!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I think your spending more time wrenching lately then at your real job LOL

That's very possible!!!

I need this motor to get here... my tcase clutch seems like its now permanently engaged. Tried a few tricks to get it to disengage but they didn't work. I'll probably change my tcase fluid after i change the motor as well since its getting a workout.

This just isn't cool... shift motor hasn't even shipped yet and it was supposed to ship yesterday (based on an email I got on the 18th). Called up today and they assured me that it was shipping out today, but just checked status and its "At warehouse awaiting shipping". My tcase is fully engaged and i hate driving my jeep right now; and i have no choice.

Hindsights 20-20... i wish I would've just spent $400 for the shift motor from my friend. Would have had it in on Tuesday and been done with it. Instead, i'm trying to save $220 and probably causing 5x worth that in damage now . I sure hope that fluid comes out clean when i change it
    Last edited by Matt; 10-20-2011 at 03:28 PM.

Oh... and i need to clean my sunroof drains; water started leaking out the grab handle today on my way to work.

I'm having a great week!!!

I just need those P1128 & P1129 DTC codes to pop back up to really finish it of

That blows bro but I'm sure it will all work out in the end.

Im sure it will too.... just a lot going on right now and this adds a bit to the stress. I have my buddy checking stock, if they have it i may swing by the dealer and get the motor on my way home from work tomorrow (lol but watch that not be it and i need a new FCM)

Well i ended up dropping jeep off at dealer yesterday after work... figured i'd use my warrantee , pay $150 deduct and have my jeep back today.

Just picked it up and turns out they need to order the shift motor. So although it's covered, im not better off in terms of driving around now. I'm hoping i can swing by Monday after work to get it installed (i can't see it taking more than a day).

In hindsight, instead of ordering the Retech motor from RockAuto, I kind of wish I ordered the OE part (5143786AA). $330 shipped isn't bad:
    http://factorymoparparts.com/5143786aa.html

I might see if I can convince them to change the tcase fluid under "warranty" as well. A bit of a stretch, but I now have it on record that i've had this issue with Friday and the t-case is locked up due to the shift motor, which is a warranty item. I know that clutch is getting a workout, so i don't think its too much to ask to have them drain the fluid, make note if there's clutch material present, and refill. If the fluid is dirty (which i changed 6k miles ago) then i'll be on record and help me with a tcase claim in the future.

Dealer called... picking my Jeep up at lunch. They said the fluids looked good and they checked the diffs too. I'm not sure how they "checked" the tcase without draining it.... unless they sucked some out but its tough to get a tube in there.

I'll ride it out... if there was damage I'm sure the 1406 code will come back "clutch performance"

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Dealer called... picking my Jeep up at lunch. They said the fluids looked good and they checked the diffs too. I'm not sure how they "checked" the tcase without draining it.... unless they sucked some out but its tough to get a tube in there.

I'll ride it out... if there was damage I'm sure the 1406 code will come back "clutch performance"
    Glad they got it all fixed up for you!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information