Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Two transfer case DTCs today...

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I read my receipt and im actually a bit agitated at something... I told the service manager that i feel the MDS engage/disengage on the highway with cruise control on and that i found TSB 18-006-10 which is a programming update that's supposed to resolve the issue; so if they could, update it while it was there. He asked me to describe it and i basically told him it feels like you run over a small piece of wood when the cylinders activate.. like hitting a bump.

Well, on my receipt he put down for the "issue" that "feels like driving on wood when on highway". The tech's diagnosis was "customer installed aftermarket suspension that's stiffer and wheels and tires that are loud and vibrate".

There's 2 reasons this really irks me...
    #1) I didn't ask them to diagnose anything... i told them what the issue was and gave them the TSB number that resolves the problem.

#2) Do those idiots really think i brought my modified jeep there to complain about a "rough ride"?

I thought about calling the service manager up tomorrow but im just going to let it go. THIS is why, even though i have a warranty, i do all of the work myself.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    LMAO that's funny right there

You getting a good laugh out of that makes me feel a bit better about the situation today.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    You getting a good laugh out of that makes me feel a bit better about the situation today.
    I just pictured the look on the mechanics face reading the symptoms and then your reaction reading the diagnoses LOL

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    I just busted out laughing in my cube!! I would have looked at him and asked if he had sh*t in his ears. Gotta love a dealership.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lol yeah I'm really upset I didn't read the receipt while I was there.... I just wanted me keys and my Jeep; was too excited about the whole ordeal being done.

I hope one of the techs recognizes me at one of the shows and asks about it so I can tell him what I ACTUALLY wanted...

I keep my receipts in my glove box so that one will get some good laughs!!

Senior Member Getting Dirty ScorpionCrawler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I read my receipt and im actually a bit agitated at something... I told the service manager that i feel the MDS engage/disengage on the highway with cruise control on and that i found TSB 18-006-10 which is a programming update that's supposed to resolve the issue; so if they could, update it while it was there. He asked me to describe it and i basically told him it feels like you run over a small piece of wood when the cylinders activate.. like hitting a bump.

Well, on my receipt he put down for the "issue" that "feels like driving on wood when on highway". The tech's diagnosis was "customer installed aftermarket suspension that's stiffer and wheels and tires that are loud and vibrate".

There's 2 reasons this really irks me...
    #1) I didn't ask them to diagnose anything... i told them what the issue was and gave them the TSB number that resolves the problem.

#2) Do those idiots really think i brought my modified jeep there to complain about a "rough ride"?

I thought about calling the service manager up tomorrow but im just going to let it go. THIS is why, even though i have a warranty, i do all of the work myself.

He said WOOD.

New Fluid:

What I removed (less than 8 months and ~7000 miles on it):

That's pretty dirty for such a short period.

doesnt smell all that great either

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information