Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Dream Front Bumper

Administrator
    Blog Entries

Question Your Dream Front Bumper

Okay here is the question... If you could design the new front bumper, what features would you want?

I am currently playing with a full steel bumper similar to the GetLost4x4 bumper with a few improvements and a new mounting system, I am also looking at a component system so you can build it one piece at a time as funding allows and all the parts will bolt together. But what features would YOU like to see?
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Front receiver, shackle mounts, stinger, light mounts and fog light mounts. High clearance design nothing to bulky.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2680484286_0fe9424811_o-1.jpg 
Views:	1114 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	959

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    What Matt posted.

I'd like to see a winch bumper that doesn't look funny without a winch. So some kind of bolt on/removable cover to make it look normal with or without a winch in place.
    Shackle mounts, and modular grill/light guards and lots of light mounting locations/options.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I like the maniac Bumper too and am struggling with the interior winch design.

Do most of you prefer the interior winch or exposed like on my XK?
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty DetroitMarauder's Avatar
    Something that can stand up to a deer strike and not cripple the vehicle. Haven't hit one yet but its been mighty close a few times.

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    I think it would help keep it smaller if it were interior.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I like the hidden one for lots of reasons but looks is more important over all.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2680484286_0fe9424811_o-1.jpg 
Views:	1114 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	959

*mouth water*

What Sal said and what Matt showed. What would be important to me... is utility and practicality. It's great if it has accessory lighting, front hitch receiver, winch location, shashackles and great improved approach angles... to me, this is like trying to win the lottery.

If I were CONTINUING to mod my WK... I'd care MORE about (in order of importance to me)

Craftsmanship ( and appearance) - Is it built well? Is the structural integrity flawless? You can put as much as you want to in the bumper but if it looks like a lot of the bumpers I see out here, I'll just move on. It needs to be strong, it needs to lock good. Both are pretty self explanatory.

Recovery: I think if the above is met, we can move on to recovery (this includes winch and/or front tow hitch) What is more feasible to incorporate without jeopardizing the overall goal of this bumper.

Weight and Approach angle: I think if the above two are answered well we can move on to this one. It's got sound recovery and excellent craftsmanship. How much does it weigh. Does it make my front sag? Are the advantages of the above two worth this Sag? Or can we find ways to conserve craftsmanship and utility and still reduce weight?

price: I imagine if the above 3 are met with flying colors this category will fly out of the roof.. which leads me to my FINAL point.

customization: How easily can I customize my bumper. I care about craftsmanship but I have other mechanisms for Recovery, which reduces weight and also improves my approach angle. Can You work with this type of request. Despite a narrow market, how flexible can this product be across the board.

Those are my opinions.
    Last edited by AJeepZJ; 10-11-2011 at 07:53 PM.

Senior Member Getting Dirty EvilJager's Avatar
    Easy install
    Ground clearance
    Fog lights
    Offroad light mounts
    Shakles
    winch
    good approach angle
    Machine gun mounts ( for those who wont get ouy of my way)
    JBA
    4XG
    S4XC

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information