Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Your Dream Front Bumper

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Most people who are going to purchase a steel bumper are going to be people who off road and probably off road a lot and beat the snot out of there jeeps. It has to be strong but not to big and can't take away any ground clearance or approach angles and in fact it should improve those two things. It needs to be strong enough to push it up a rock face because well, that's what I would do with it and judging by what I've seen on here I'm not the only one who will do something like that. I think a lot of great ideas have been given out except Dan maybe not so much LMAO. The box idea is kinda unique I think it would be cool. I think the fare lead needs to be cut out already and maybe just a square plate bolted in place to cover it up. Having it modular like that and what Matt suggested gives people options and we can just use the storage box to hold recovery gear or put a winch in there. I want a stinger but really it don't need to be sold with one that's a pretty simple thing I can add later when I want and would keep the cost of the bumper down.

Senior Member Getting Dirty EvilJager's Avatar
    Yea i had to send dan a txt about that... he said it eould be to much weight and thay id have one...hahaha
    JBA
    4XG
    S4XC

This really isn't and idea for a front bumper but more for a rear bumper. I just read a thread where the steel rear bumper was a water tank It had a 12v pump for pumping out the water. Not sure how much water it holds but it was a pretty cool idea. Not sure how new this idea is but it is new to me anyway and I liked it a lot

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    I wouldn't want water in a tank I couldn't clean pretty easily.. so instead use it as a air tank

Quote Originally Posted by hoaxci5 View Post
    I wouldn't want water in a tank I couldn't clean pretty easily.. so instead use it as a air tank
    I guess that's all relative to the person drinking the water. The water coming out of your faucet spends time in lots of tanks that never get cleaned out. Any water tank for potable water I wanted to clean would be done with chemicals anyway. My camel backs never get scrubbed or clean nor does my hot water tank for that matter. I'm not sure I would use the water in the bumper as drinking water. But for cleaning, bathing and cooking water I would have no issues with it at all. The biggest draw back would be the heat but use that to your advantage and have a hot shower

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I've seen people use their bumpers as OBA tanks before.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I've seen people use their bumpers as OBA tanks before.
    I'm guessing if it can hold water holding air should be no big deal. Just a matter of different connections I guess.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    I'm guessing if it can hold water holding air should be no big deal. Just a matter of different connections I guess.
    Fairly comon indeed, if i ws bringing extra drinking water I would have shower water in the tanks on the roof to get warm, and drinking water in the Jeep to keep Cool.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Quote Originally Posted by Holaday07 4.7 View Post
    Fairly comon indeed, if i ws bringing extra drinking water I would have shower water in the tanks on the roof to get warm, and drinking water in the Jeep to keep Cool.
    I spend a lot of time living in my XK from wheeling to trips to camping on the beach and having a water source even just to cook and clean with that didn't eat cargo space would be awesome indeed.

Supporting Vendor Looking for Dirt Steel Armadillo's Avatar
    Thanks to Jacob we started on the new front bumper(s) today. Had a long brain storming session and came up with some very cool ideas that should start to take shape over the next couple of day.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information