Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your Dream Front Bumper

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    exactly. I'm not sure how the dimensions will work out.... but the winch compartment (storage compartment) could be designed to fit most standard winch sizes to keep the bumper as small and low profile as possible. in the standard configuration it would come with the low profile door and possibly a template for cutting the winch fairlead hole (for those installing a winch).

Then, for guys who want the biggest winch on the market or something like the powerplant, they can order an optional "high clearance" hatch.

This way the bumper is as versatile as possible... its not overly bulky for guys who don't want a winch, it offers something other bumpers don't (storage compartment and/or covered winch), and as a manufacturer you wont have to make 3 different bumper configurations to please everyone.

ill work up my consulting fee estimate And send you the bill. lol.
    Last edited by Matt; 10-12-2011 at 06:38 AM.

Senior Member Getting Dirty CmmdrDan's Avatar
    I may get shunned for this..But no winch..I like the one matt posted but I would never truly need the winch..Just have to make sure I know someone who does..

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by CmmdrDan View Post
    I may get shunned for this..But no winch..I like the one matt posted but I would never truly need the winch..Just have to make sure I know someone who does..
    Shunned? no. Chastized? Yes! Once upon a time, there was a 2" bb lifted XK, with 27" stock tires that needed to be winched, not once... but twice.. Everyone needs a winch.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CmmdrDan View Post
    So here is the question for you... And this does not require a commitment to buy but, would you be interested in a metal replacement bumper with two recovery points and nothing else? Or are you thinking something else? I just want some clarification because options like no winch are do-able without much redesign (more design means more expense).

I can build a simple bumper and it would like like the winch bumper but I am wondering if anyone would buy one if I built it.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty CmmdrDan's Avatar
    Yes, if I had the funds and was "allowed" to buy..yes I said allowed..then I would want just a standard (I think as close maybe a little beefier looking than stock) steel bumper.

for a standard bumper I would want to see a 2" receiver option. actually.... even with the compartment I mentioned it would still be nice to have a 2" receiver. .... have the ability to winch from front or rear, carry hitch hauler on front, etc.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    for a standard bumper I would want to see a 2" receiver option. actually.... even with the compartment I mentioned it would still be nice to have a 2" receiver. .... have the ability to winch from front or rear, carry hitch hauler on front, etc.
    Well you have painted a very good photo in my mind, I don't want to say too much here because I know the compitition reads our GREAT fourm, but this bumper will be worth the wait.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

cool. I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    My dream bumper would be front and rear hidden winches that included the swing out
    tire carrier on the back, just like the one Swtoffroading is making!

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    My preference is something like this:

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-bu...herokee-xj.htm

I want something that is light durable, and improves the clearance. I dont know if this would work or not, but you can add a winch later with these, and they are really simple.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information