Thread: Uwharrie trip

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar

Cool Uwharrie trip

Well I survived my firs trip to UNF I stayed on the trails rated moderate and that was plenty for me especially being by my self. I hit once my OEM running boards again I don't think I will ever get the chance to take them off I think they will get torn off first. Man the looks I got crawling threw there in my XK man unbelievable. At one point I saw three wranglers and a power wagon stopped in line so I crawled up the by pass and saw like 12 people standing at the top. They were filming and watching people attempt a pretty difficult climb. Well guess who got all the looks yup I did. Even my kids asked why everyone was starring at us I just laughed. I was just crawling by and got more attention then the lifted power wagon spinning up some big rocks. That being I said my wife and yes me as well were amazed as we cleared and passed every obstacle we came to, making it all the way to the end. I did go slow and my wife was spotting for me she loved it to, even moving rocks out of the way. When I get skid plates I will try the difficult rated trails but till then just the moderate. I will say a stock commander would have no shot at the moderate trails maybe the easy one maybe. Here are some pics I'm sure you guys know when your going threw the hair raising white knuckle stuff your not thinking about pictures your just praying you make it and drive your butt off.

Tight squeeze

I Made It

Very Cool!!! It looks like you guys had some great fun out there! How are those Maxxis Mudders working for you? I was gonna get those but then was swayed by a decent deal for a set of M/T mudders. Are they 10-Ply or 8?

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    A dirty Jeep is a sign of a loved Jeep!

Quote Originally Posted by powerslave1966 View Post
    Very Cool!!! It looks like you guys had some great fun out there! How are those Maxxis Mudders working for you? I was gonna get those but then was swayed by a decent deal for a set of M/T mudders. Are they 10-Ply or 8?
    I'm not sure what ply they are but they been holding up real well on the rocks plenty of grip as well. I went over some pointed rocks and stuff even wedging my tire between two rocks it just bent and I made it threw no problems. For $192 installed I'm pretty happy so far with them man. Also last time on the beach my traction control only came on twice which was great considering how soft the sand was and the amount of people getting stuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knapster View Post
    A dirty Jeep is a sign of a loved Jeep!
    I would have to agree

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    That looked great. I want to play at that park the next time I make it to the east coast
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Man this is a old thread You must of been doing some digging to find the thread I was scared sh**less on this trip and I was on the easy stuff Oh how far we have come now LOL.

I didn't see the year....lol I don't know how I found this it popped up & saw it and liked what I saw.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    I didn't see the year....lol I don't know how I found this it popped up & saw it and liked what I saw.
    Funny I think I have several Uwharrie threads on here now its just funny you found this one. My jeep and my running boards were undamaged on this trip LOL

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Saw this thread and was like damn, this is how I felt the first time I dropped the Commander off a ledge. OHHH SH*t!!! lol. Certainly looks like a blast, Sal we will wheel soon, I have family in NC and SC. Hopefully soon, depends on who gets hitched next.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

to be real, I do not do any searches when I found it. I think I was looking for something else & came on this & then got side tracked lol. Crap now I remember I need to complete my original search what I was looking for when side tracked with this thread lol
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Thread Information