Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rear lift.. brainstorming ideas...

Senior Member Getting Dirty EvilJager's Avatar
    I say ome hd with a spa er cut down and reg shocks... i dont know much about the shocks but they all eventually wear down i do t want you to keep replacing them
    JBA
    4XG
    S4XC

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    maybe jon can make a 1/2" or 1" spacer for the rear to complement the 1/2" strut spacers hes going to make.....

Thay would be cool, last longer and not be as dependent on shocks to lift it
    JBA
    4XG
    S4XC

The shocks are also only $95/pair... now if they were a $300 set that'd be a different story as well.

Once everything settles, it'd probably be best to size up a spacer. For the time being though I'll probably go with the shocks due to affordability and easy of installation.

Thats not a bad price
    JBA
    4XG
    S4XC

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    maybe jon can make a 1/2" or 1" spacer for the rear to complement the 1/2" strut spacers hes going to make.....
    That would be a great idea. I would much rather have a metal spacer than try and cut my old poly spacers from the RR lift.
    2006 Jeep Commander, 4.7L, QT2, Dark Khaki. Rocky Road lift in front (w/bilstein struts), Old Man Emu HD springs in rear (w/Old Man Emu shocks), Goodyear Duratrac 265/70's on stock rims, AFE CAI, all mopar skids. 4xguard front guard, belly guard, rock rails, and rear sliders.

Same here. I'm actually selling my RC lift to a member so I chopping it up isn't an option.

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    I've ordered the longer Monroe's as you and Sal have and I'm thinking that I might go with the OME MD rear spring route coupled with the long Monroe's. Of course, I will remove the rear spacer lift. I have the V6 so I can't tow that much or haul that much anyway.

For the front, I was thinking to leave the spacer lift and get the small spacer from JBA an adding to it. This way, the jeep will be closer to level and it'll probably have a little rake to it which isn't bad.

Your original post got me to thinking about all this. Keep us posted man. Thanks.

From the rear, you really don't need the OME springs. Honestly I think the best setup for you would be to take the spacers out of the front, install OME springs and the JBA leveling spacers. Then in the rear just throw on the F150 load levellers.

Reason I think that'll be better is because we already know the load levellers will raise the rear plenty based on Sal's results. Also, adding a spacer to the spacers up front really overextends the front suspension at full drop... so taking the RC spacer off and putting the OME springs in, plus the leveling spacer, will give you a bit more extension than stock plus increase your ride height a bit.

Another thing to consider is that you generally don't want drastic spring rate differences between the front and rear of a vehicle. This would cause strange ride/handling/braking characteristics due to dynamic weight distribution. Keeping the stock springs up front (soft) and putting stiffer springs + load leveling shocks in the rear (which add to the effective spring rate) could cause some undesirable effects. Hence I'd distribute the spring rates by adding the springs to the front and load levellers to the rear.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information