Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: beadlock question

Senior Member Getting Dirty EvilJager's Avatar

beadlock question

Just wondering how beadlock rims are for daily use? I want a set but not if their not good on the road. Ive heard they are a B**** to balance and lose air pressure all the time. These rumors true? Thanks
    JBA
    4XG
    S4XC

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I haven't known anyone to really run beadlocks on a DD. Normally they get a set of beadlock wheels and a purely offroad tire (like boggers) and throw them on for offroading only... then run normal wheels and a nice aggressive/radial MT for daily use.

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    I know some people that run beadlocks on a DD. Most I've heard don't have a problem but I guess it's like anyting else, you get what you pay for.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Here is what I have found. Their are not a ton of DOT beadlock wheels available. AEV, Walker Evans, and Recentered H1 Rims are the only ones I can think of. Many of the beadlock settups are added to an existing wheel, and there are flaws. It takes a ton of extra work and cost to get one DOT approved. The guys in my club that run the Walker evans are extremely happy. Easy to balance and since they are light, dont have the normal downfalls of Steel Wheels. (weight) Hope this kind of helps
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

And if the functionallity is a must. Staun Makes an internal Beadlock ring that can add that functionality to any wheel
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Yep thays helps. Thanx for the info guys. I just dont want to spend money on rims and mess them up wheeling. Id rather get beadlocks thay ate made for abuse ya know...
    JBA
    4XG
    S4XC

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty valpacer's Avatar
    Greg who was on the last trip with us has run the AEV Pintler Beadlocks for a couple of years now, with no issues. Probably round 30000kms on them. No vibration issues etc. His property is a couple of hundred acres and he uses it to run all around that and run his horse transport around.

Dave
    2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD QDII - 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails & Rear Sliders, Saguaro F&R Bars, Warn 9.5CTI-s, AEV Saverge Rims, 35" KM2's, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, ARB Dual Compressor + On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Optimas Front and Dual Rear Aux Batteries YouTube Vids

I was jist looking at them. I like them alot and he usea thay as a dd?
    JBA
    4XG
    S4XC

It says they have been discontinued for the wk's
    JBA
    4XG
    S4XC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information