Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: beadlock question

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty valpacer's Avatar
    Yeah its his DD. You can still get them in the JK offset, which is what my Savegres are. His are the WK offset.

Dave
    2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD QDII - 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails & Rear Sliders, Saguaro F&R Bars, Warn 9.5CTI-s, AEV Saverge Rims, 35" KM2's, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, ARB Dual Compressor + On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Optimas Front and Dual Rear Aux Batteries YouTube Vids

Senior Member Getting Dirty EvilJager's Avatar
    How does the backspacing compare? B.c. it says for lifted jk's ill be running the kba 6-8" lift any day now and i knoe when u install the superlift they say you need a different backspacing
    JBA
    4XG
    S4XC

They sit further out, 15mm to be exact. But Ive got mine so Im ready for the hybrid SL lift we will be running on mine. You need them further out so that when it flexes they have room to move. And it helps with stability. Ill eventually be running 305/70 tyres, and with my measurements it should be spot on with the +10 offset. We are also making some new flares to cover the tyres but i dont know if thats an issue over there.

Dave
    2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD QDII - 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails & Rear Sliders, Saguaro F&R Bars, Warn 9.5CTI-s, AEV Saverge Rims, 35" KM2's, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, ARB Dual Compressor + On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Optimas Front and Dual Rear Aux Batteries YouTube Vids

Cool thank for the help. Curious to see what the flares look like
    JBA
    4XG
    S4XC

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I dont know what Maryland's laws are but I don't believe thay will pass state inspection here in Va. Something to consider.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    I dont know what Maryland's laws are but I don't believe thay will pass state inspection here in Va. Something to consider.
    Keep your rims you have now and just switch them on inspection day. Profit my friend.

In md. We only have to get inspectiin when you buy a vehicle
    They are very strict but we only have to do it once. But if you get pulled over they can write us a repair order and have to have it fixed within 7 days. And thats the only thing they look for if u get one
    JBA
    4XG
    S4XC

Yeah they are illegal over here. But than again so is any tyre larger than 15mm diameter than factory, anything over 2" of lift, and any track change over 25mm. So Im out on all counts.....

Dave

Greg hasnt even been asked about his yet, so I guessing thanks to all those with the fake beadlock rims making it easier to get away with!

Alright. Thanks for all the help. They do look like they could pass as the fakes tho lol
    JBA
    4XG
    S4XC

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Beadlocks aren't too bad on more modern vehicles... such as the WK. On previous vehicles I've had, including the cragar wheels on the XJ, they tended to be really bouncey. I never had any issues with losing air pressure in them. The quality of them has improved since I bought my last set, So maybe they won't chip and peal like mine did. But I like'm.

With 6-8" of lift you WILL need more backspacing. The golden rule is you go up you must go out. For 6-8" You'd need about 4.00" of back spacing. If you still have both sets of your spidertrax you might be able to achieve that. Otherwise, look for something that will give you this.
    Last edited by AJeepZJ; 11-01-2011 at 05:55 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information