Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: XK Springs to lift or increase loads in WK??

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Old Man Emu has side specific coils. So im sure the OEM coils are side specific. Theres more weight on the drivers side due to the gas tank and driver of the vehicle.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Were your OME coils side specific? Mine weren't... ordered the front from kolak and rears from JBA. Both sets were two of the same exact part number.

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    My OME coils for the rear were side specific. There was an A and B labeled spring (although no directions included in the box). One coil was ~1cm taller (I believe this was the A spring) and goes on the drivers side.
    2006 Jeep Commander, 4.7L, QT2, Dark Khaki. Rocky Road lift in front (w/bilstein struts), Old Man Emu HD springs in rear (w/Old Man Emu shocks), Goodyear Duratrac 265/70's on stock rims, AFE CAI, all mopar skids. 4xguard front guard, belly guard, rock rails, and rear sliders.

Interesting.

Mine were identical... no A or B on the tags, just the part numbers that are listed in ARB's application guide:
    http://www.arbusa.com/uploads/PDF/ac...ommanderXK.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Were your OME coils side specific? Mine weren't... ordered the front from kolak and rears from JBA. Both sets were two of the same exact part number.
    I ordered my OME Lift from OK4WD out of PA but the parts were shipped from a warehouse in WA. They were definately side specific labeled with an A and B tagged on the coil itself.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

How long ago did you guys do your lifts? I wonder if they've consolidated their springs since then? I only did mine a few months ago.

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    I replaced mine around April of this year and ordered them from Rocky Road. I actually measured the 2 springs and the A spring is ~1cm taller.

This was from ARB when I emailed them regarding A and B springs:

Jason-

Some of the OME spring sets have “A” and “B” designations. The 2993 coils fall into this category. These designations show there is a 10mm height difference in the two springs. That difference in height is to aid you in fighting vehicle lean.

We suggest measuring your vehicle as it is now, and figuring if you have a low or high side. This info will help you find the best placement for the springs. In most applications where both front and rear springs are of the A/B style, we suggest staggering them so you do not have both taller springs on one side (front and rear), and low springs on the other.

Hope this info helps, please let us know if you have any other questions.

Matt Glass

ARB USA

Tech and Marketing Assistant
    2006 Jeep Commander, 4.7L, QT2, Dark Khaki. Rocky Road lift in front (w/bilstein struts), Old Man Emu HD springs in rear (w/Old Man Emu shocks), Goodyear Duratrac 265/70's on stock rims, AFE CAI, all mopar skids. 4xguard front guard, belly guard, rock rails, and rear sliders.

I wish I wasn't so OCD..... my vehicle doesn't lean so this shouldn't bother me, but I'm wondering why my springs weren't tagged A/B......

Some day when I pull out my rear springs (ie to install spacers or something) ill have to measure them to see if they're different. I did have them sitting side-by-side on my tool box and I usually notice differences like that. But who knows...

A difference in 10mm isnt really that noticable to the eye. Both of mine looked the exact same height until I measured them.

10mm = .39 inches.

That's within my "hey they're different" naked eye resolution. Lol

Edit: you must need glasses if you can't see almost 1/2" difference in parts.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information