Thread: Wheel protection

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar

Wheel protection

What do you guys recommend for painted/clearcoated wheels for Northeast winter protection?

Right now I give them a good cleaning and just use my standard Mothers wax (not sure how it holds up to wheel heat though). Then during the winter if they get all salted up I'll use some of that quick spray car cleaner and spray wax on top of that.

Supporting Vendor Looking for Dirt Bigredmariner's Avatar
    With Adam's Polishes we suggest treating the clear coated wheels just like you would treat your paint. For cleaning use Green Wheel Cleaner and a soft bristle brush to agitate the grime and rinse away. Once the wheel has dried use Machine Super Sealant for protection, I know it says "Machine" in the title. It is a very good sealant/ synthetic wax, works great with the Porter Cable or Flex Polisher but it is also perfectly fine to apply by hand to your wheels for that added protection. With the Machine Super Sealant when applying all that you are trying to achieve is a nice thin layer of product, no need to "work" the sealant like you would a polish or compound.

The Machine Super Sealant needs about 12 hours for a full cure. So you apply the stuff let it haze, usually in 30~45 minutes, and buff off the residue. The next day give the wheel another good buffing with a microfiber towel and you're good to go. Check out the wheel cleaning video.

Use Discount Code: JEEP , when ordering and save 10% at www.adamspolishes.com
    [email protected]

Thread Information