Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rear Heater/AC Delete....

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar

Rear Heater/AC Delete....

Finally after many years of talking about it, I've started the research on parts needed to do the Rear Heater/AC delete on the XK. I took out the third row seating a few years back and never use the Rear Heat/AC anyways. The reason im doing this is to delete the Heater/AC lines that run down the pinch weld area behind the passenger side front tire. This will be needed now that I'm going to start the process of a bigger lift along with bigger tires. As we all know, those four lines start to get in the way once you go with an over sized tire (larger then 32"). The last thing I want to do is ruin a set of brand new tires, or even worse, rip the lines right off of the XK. I just visited the dealer who priced the parts for me from an XK not equiped with rear Heat/AC. For the two heater hoses and two ac lines it will run me about $102. Labor will be free since ill be doing all the work and my buddy Jay can recharge the AC when its finished. The dealer doesnt have the heater hoses or ac lines in stock so they will have to be shipped from the warehouse. Ill be placing the order at the end of next week and once all the parts are in all do the install.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

I ordered the parts on Tuesday after work and will do the install once they get in. If anyone else is interested in doing this swap ill post the part numbers needed. Total cost for parts was $112 which included a few seals for the A/C lines. I forgot to mention that once the A/C and Heater lines are out of the way my friend Jay is going to cut out the entire pinch weld area on both sides and relocate it approx. 2 inches back with sheet metal for more tire clearance. He did it on his 05 Grand Cherokee when we installed the 4 inch BDS lift and it turned out really nice.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Interested in seeing this done.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    I ordered the parts on Tuesday after work and will do the install once they get in. If anyone else is interested in doing this swap ill post the part numbers needed. Total cost for parts was $112 which included a few seals for the A/C lines. I forgot to mention that once the A/C and Heater lines are out of the way my friend Jay is going to cut out the entire pinch weld area on both sides and relocate it approx. 2 inches back with sheet metal for more tire clearance. He did it on his 05 Grand Cherokee when we installed the 4 inch BDS lift and it turned out really nice.
    This sounds awesome. I am looking forward to seeing the outcome of this.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

I will make sure to take pictures during the entire process and keep this thread updated. I have to go away for the Army this weekend so it will probablly start Monday night.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    I wish there was a kit to relocate these, but deleting them is almost as good right? please document as much as possible, this is really needed imo
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

For me, deleting them is a good thing. I think I have only used the rear AC/Heat once in the past 4 years since Ive owned the XK and that was just to see how it worked. Again since I took out the third row seating there is no point in having rear ac/heat. The parts should be in tomorrow id imagine so once they get here ill start working on it. Should only take a few hours to do the swap. Then over to Jays when ever he gets time to do some cutting and welding!

Phase 1 is complete! Photo's later on today once I transfer them from my phone to the computer.

Out with the old!

In with the new!

Last edited by 07JeepXK; 11-27-2011 at 01:59 PM.

No more rear AC/Heat!

Last edited by 07JeepXK; 11-27-2011 at 02:00 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information