Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rear Heater/AC Delete....

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Nice. So now you have front A/C and front/rear heat?
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty ScorpionCrawler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Nice. So now you have front A/C and front/rear heat?
    You got it, but... this mod is 1/2 way done, for when I buy some big bolognie tires.
    If I ever trade it in or sell it I have to make sure it happens in the winter,LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by ScorpionCrawler View Post
    You got it, but... this mod is 1/2 way done, for when I buy some big bolognie tires.
    If I ever trade it in or sell it I have to make sure it happens in the winter,LOL.
    Well I completely deleted the rear heat/ac and in the winter I have no problem keeping the entire inside warm and now that its getting hot out the front A/C cools the entire inside. So I wouldnt be to worried about it. I took out my third row seating years ago so no one sits back there anyways. As far as people sitting in the second row, the center counsole has that vent in it for heat and ac.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Just remember, not every XK came with the rear hvac option. I actually think its just a luxury that borderlines "gimmicky".... Maybe in extremely hot or extremely cold climates it will help expedite the climate control for rear occupants; but how often are people in the 3rd row.. and when they are, the basic system will still get the job done (especially if you have remote start!)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Just remember, not every XK came with the rear hvac option. I actually think its just a luxury that borderlines "gimmicky".... Maybe in extremely hot or extremely cold climates it will help expedite the climate control for rear occupants; but how often are people in the 3rd row.. and when they are, the basic system will still get the job done (especially if you have remote start!)
    Exactly. Id rather run fat meats under my XK then worry about how comfortable the people are in the third row. lol Its not like there is a lot of leg room back there to begin with.

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Down here in the misersble heat soaked texas I use the rear ac quite a bit. I dont use the third roww much but what i do is point the vents forward and up so it pushes air up front for the kids. When I got in my xk yesterday the tempgauge read 108. Wasn't that hot outside, but just sitting in the sun ya know. It was about 96. I can't wait to get stationed father north.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

And that is why I live north of the Mason Dixon!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    And that is why I live north of the Mason Dixon!
    Leaving down here is worth dealing with the heat take a knee face out drink some water and you'll be good! Pains just weakness leaving you body

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty mrnavy2's Avatar
    Can someone please tell me to remove the REAR ac vents? I need to replace 2 of them. Thanks Steve.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Just checked my service manual and it didn't mention anything specific about them. Snap a few pics of the ones you bought... are there screw ports or does it look like they just snap in? I'm sure we can figure it out

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information