Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Sliders

Supporting Vendor Looking for Dirt Steel Armadillo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Seriously, I applaud your effort to keep these two aspects separate. It'll be hard to keep consistent with it, but it's a good thing to do.
    ^ What he said!

Super Sliders

The Steel Armadillo Super Sliders are now available for sale, they will run $449.95 plus shipping and you can add the optional step and powder coating.

Last edited by Knappster; 11-26-2011 at 03:40 PM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    What do we need to add? Is what's in the picture the what we get?

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    What do we need to add? Is what's in the picture the what we get?
    The sliders are as seen in the photos and come with 8 nutcerts and the 8 bolts to hold them on. We will provide instruction on how to install the nut certs after you drill 8 holes, you then bolt them on and are ready to go.

The sliders come bare metal and you can paint them or powder coat them locally or we can have them powder coated here for an additional charge.

You can have us add the step plate as an option prior to shipping as well (I will post a photo of one with a step this week as well).

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    ok got it thanks bro and good job launching at a decent price as well.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Looks great Jon!
    Last edited by Knappster; 12-13-2011 at 08:42 AM.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Junior Member Looking for Dirt cis911's Avatar
    can you list some advantages of having yours vs rocky road sliders. Yours look awesome.
    CHRISTMAS WISHLIST
    Rugged Ridge 13309.02 Roll/Pitch Indicator Clinometer with Light by Rugged Ridge

2006 XK QUADRA TRAC 2, 245/70R17 FIRESTONE DESTINATION M/T, ROUGH COUNTRY 2IN LIFT WITH RUSTYS FRONT LEVELING SPACER. FRONT AND REAR SWAY BAR HARDWARE REMOVED

Quote Originally Posted by cis911 View Post
    can you list some advantages of having yours vs rocky road sliders. Yours look awesome.
    Yes I can... I offer this in response to your question as I do not want to be known as the business that trashes another company in order to promote ( I hope that I always remain above that).

The Rocky Road slider will run you $400 which is $50 less than what we are asking for ours, the quality of the two is where you will see your getting your monies worth. I personally purchased and installed the Rocky Road on my Commander as my first set of sliders and they are a good product, just not good enough in my opinion.

This is the Rocky Road slider:

As you can see they use a 1" square pipe that bolts to your frame and six bolts to your pinch weld, due to the arms being so long they act as a pivot which allows the slider to ride up and just before I removed mine I noticed that I had less than 1/4 inch clearance between the top of the slider and an open door. If you hit rocks hard enough (and I wheel hard) you will bend the Rocky Road up and run the risk of not being able to open your doors.

As you can see in the following photo (I will replace with a better photo soon), the metal used for our product is 2x4 steel and a 1.5" round tube (round in almost always stronger than square).

When I removed the Rocky Road slider I found body damage in two places which was actually caused BY the slider, the purpose of a slider is supposed to be to protect the body from damage.

Our slider also sticks out further from your vehicle in order to prevent the obstacles from causing damage to the side of your vehicle if you get to close.

I hope that helps and thanks for asking.
    Last edited by Knappster; 12-12-2011 at 06:09 PM.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    I would say that the quality is no campairison. Not to mention you loose 2 inches of clearance with the Rocky Roads, over stock, and gain clearance with the Steel's. for $50 graduating from sub par to overkill is worth it IMHO
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Quote Originally Posted by Holaday07 4.7 View Post
    I would say that the quality is no campairison. Not to mention you loose 2 inches of clearance with the Rocky Roads, over stock, and gain clearance with the Steel's. for $50 graduating from sub par to overkill is worth it IMHO
    I was told that our Super Slider was overkill as well, I like to think of it as the last Super Slider you will ever have to buy!

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information