Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Sliders

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Where does the step go? I have people coming this weekend to look at the XJ one guy on friday says he wants but we will see. Not sure if I want to wait for the step or not. Do you have a drawing or anything?

Supporting Vendor Looking for Dirt Steel Armadillo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Where does the step go? Do you have a drawing or anything?
    I do not have a drawing but the step is going to be a flat piece of metal (most likely steel diamond plate for that little bit of traction) approximately 3.5" x 16" with the Steel Armadillo logo water jet cut into it, the step will be welded into the space between the two center supports and welded on all four side.

The water jet logo sounds cool how much are the steps? I might have to wait for them. On the up side I sold my jeep!!! So Friday I'll have the money and if he backs out I had a guy trying to out bid him for it tonight but I refuse to make a profit on selling this Jeep so I told him no. So as soon as he pays me I'll put the money in the bank and order the sliders and some other stuff so keep one of those sets for me please My only concern now is will my smashed rocker panel cause any issues with installing the sliders?

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    My only concern now is will my smashed rocker panel cause any issues with installing the sliders?
    As long as you are able to have fairly straight pinch weld along the bottom you will be in good shape, and the nice thing is a hammer will straighten the pinch weld if you did mess it up.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Hammers and welders fix many things.
    maybe not ripped off steps...

Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    As long as you are able to have fairly straight pinch weld along the bottom you will be in good shape, and the nice thing is a hammer will straighten the pinch weld if you did mess it up.
    I'm going to need a big hammer LOL

Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post
    Hammers and welders fix many things.
    maybe not ripped off steps...
    I did the damage after I took my running boards off If I would of left them on I would of been fine.

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    I did the damage after I took my running boards off If I would of left them on I would of been fine.
    Don't be a fool, wrap yo tool.

I really like these sliders. Great work!!!
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

I took another look at the rocker. The pinch weld is fine and straight its the actual rocker panel above that has all the damage.

Supporting Vendor Looking for Dirt Steel Armadillo's Avatar
    I took another look at the rocker. The pinch weld is fine and straight its the actual rocker panel above that has all the damage.
    Mine was damaged as well, bed liner covered it pretty well and the slider covers any damage to the bottom side.
    Also known as: Knappster (posting by Steel Armadillo represent the business concerns of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.)

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    If the rocker is damaged, spray one of the stop rust products on the metal. Typical bedliner does not protect from any rust already started.

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread Information