Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Sliders

Administrator
    Blog Entries

Super Sliders

Here are the first photos of The Steel Armadillo Super Sliders, I am considering making an optional dress plate that would fit between the slider and the door sill as well.

A step plate can be added to the slider, it would be attached to the two center supports if desired.
    Last edited by Knappster; 12-13-2011 at 08:48 AM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Looks good.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Nice!

Should take some more pictures showing what they look like underneath, at the front and rear interfaces with the fender flares, and with the doors open.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Looks good seeing how they mount would be nice.

Senior Member Getting Dirty sean112280's Avatar
    Hey Jon how much are these going to be? I like them.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sean112280 View Post
    Hey Jon how much are these going to be? I like them.
    I will be working up the cost on this item this week.

I have to pull them off my Jeep and have the manufacturer work up a jig and give me the production costs, I think I will be making three sets in the first run.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quality

As far as quality goes check out this comparison:

The first photo is a Rocky Road Super Slider

This Second Photo is a Steel Armadillo Super Slider

Last edited by Knappster; 12-12-2011 at 06:20 PM.
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Looks pretty awesome

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Does your model offer any better clearance than the rocky road super sliders? I was thinking about them but they actually are made to mount below the black plastic sills. It looks like your replace the sills and should offer more clearance.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by superacerc View Post
    Does your model offer any better clearance than the rocky road super sliders? I was thinking about them but they actually are made to mount below the black plastic sills. It looks like your replace the sills and should offer more clearance.
    Your observation is correct, I wish I had measured before I took my Rocky Road Sliders off but I did not, I think you pick up about 2" of clearance with the Steel Armadillo Slider over the Rocky Road.

This is the Rocky Road:

And this is the Steel Armadillo:

You can see from the photos that the Rocky Road mounts from way under to the frame and sits under the body (I really bent up my rocky road supports) where as the Steel Armadillo Slider attaches to the side and under carriage of the body instead of the long reach to the frame.

Remember that the purpose of Rock Sliders is to protect the body of the Jeep from trail damage. By mounting to the Jeep the way we do the slider will not cause damage to the Jeep as I experienced with the Rocky Road sliders which bent upward and crumpled my black plastic side trim.

You have to remove the side trim to install the Steel Armadillo Slider, but I am working to see if you can trim the plastic piece to reinstall if you wanted too.
    Last edited by Knappster; 12-12-2011 at 06:21 PM.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information