Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Super Sliders

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Getting Dirty Omelet's Avatar
    Yep I was stoked to see the weight difference and figured I would share the good new. Not sure how many guys are going to remove 4xG rails and instal these, so I am happy to be able to do a side by side comparison.
    [05 WK Khaki 4x4 5.7L QDII ][ 5" SL (OME HD coils and struts) ][ 295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" Moabs (for the daily grind) ][ 35x12.50R17LT BFG MT KR (for wheeling) ][ Hidden Superwinch in stock bumper][ And soooooo much more... ]

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I hit/drug my 4xG slider pretty good at RC in January... they held up pretty good but the aluminum rivets didn't. All of them on the drive side tweaked in some fashion, the worst being right above where the impact was.

It all went back relatively where it should have... but i need to replace all of the rivets. I'll probably go up a size or two; the ones supplied just weren't enough to take a good hit.
    I didn't know the 4XG ones used rivets or screws I'd take nutserts myself. Other then occasionally spinning on during installation I've seen them take a lot of abuse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Senior Member Getting Dirty Omelet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilJager View Post
    Matt that sucks about the rivets didnt hold up. I have the version with the screws and seems to hold up alot better. And i have slammed down full force on them a few times
    Ya that's what mine are. I never had a problem with the screws. They never broke a sheered out. I was glad I got them because apparently a month later they started shipping with the crappy rivets.
    [05 WK Khaki 4x4 5.7L QDII ][ 5" SL (OME HD coils and struts) ][ 295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" Moabs (for the daily grind) ][ 35x12.50R17LT BFG MT KR (for wheeling) ][ Hidden Superwinch in stock bumper][ And soooooo much more... ]

Senior Member Getting Dirty EvilJager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    I can include extras, We installed Nathans using a battery powered drill with a socket to install the nut certs and they all went in perfectly. I imagine that it depends on the installation tools, experience and angle but my goal is to make the customer happy so keep the suggestions coming.
    yeah same here. I bought mine after they said they switched to rivets but i guess i got lucky and had hardware packages to get rid of
    JBA
    4XG
    S4XC

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information