You guys are being a little harsh to GetLost4x4 I think.

I have his prototype of a front receiver hitch. I think the bumper and my front receiver mount in the same fashion. I would not take a running yank using it, which is what I think happened with CrunchyWizards. It mounts to the side rails as well as through the cross bar. But it attaches to unibody sheet steel, and you're right, it is only as strong as the sheet steel and welds it attaches to.

It works great as a winch mount and tow connection but you have to use it right. You can break anything by abusing it.

That said, I applaud SteelArmadillo for looking for ways to add strength.

GetLost4x4 did show his stress in negative ways a few times. He was trying to make his company work and didn't get enough buyers to make it a go to support his family. He had 2 userids over time because he had a private one and then later started the business and used his business id. He was banned because of disagreements with the administration, not because he treated other forum members poorly. They wanted more money than he could afford to be a sponsor and I think he tried to continue doing business after he did not renew his sponsorship.

GetLost4x4 had a good reputation with many people on the other forum and was encouraged by many to continue to build things for the XK, when no one else was making the products he was making. If I recall correctly, the only forum member he had a heated argument with was ElCid. And I think he didn't represent himself well in his debate with ElCid.

I personally was sad to see his business not succeed and him leave that forum. But he went back to college to complete his degree.

You're right, you should not bash competitor's products, but I don't think we should bash him personally either. Nor should you take pleasure in his demise.