Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What do you need for your Jeep?

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    LOL, I could just imagine how sluggish my 3.7 would be after an exocage. The 265 tires kill it as is.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Senior Member Getting Dirty 06blkhemi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by criket View Post
    LOL, I could just imagine how sluggish my 3.7 would be after an exocage. The 265 tires kill it as is.
    thats why i'm glad i got the hemi! mine doesnt even know the tires are any different! but ,i have no need for an exocage.
    06 Hemi Limited,black,QD2,elsd,loaded minus back up camera,OEM hitch with 7pin harness. RC 2"lift,BFG Rugged Terrains 265x70x17(31.7"),1 3/4" Rugged ridge wheel spacers(front), 4xguard Matrix Pushbar and Grill Hoop,4xguard rockrail/sliders,4xGuard 12 bolt diff guard,6"Hella 500 Black Magic Driving lights.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Doc in AZ's Avatar
    how about something like this for the commander... takes care of the body armor, roll cage, roof rack, winch bumper and tire carrier with gas cans in one shot =)

Stone Soup Metal Works, L.L.C.
    623.939.WELD
    5037 N. 54th Ave - Suite #5 85301
    Residential - Commercial - Automotive
    See our work on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    Thats a cool tool you have there...

Junior Member Looking for Dirt cis911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holaday07 4.7 View Post
    http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/x...liders-740912/

http://www.hdoffroadengineering.com/...j-roof-sliders

I like the last one best, but I think there would be a market for these on our Jeeps. If you make them I would but them for sure
    there was a couple of times when i was on gold mountain trail when i wished i had these. this is a bad ass idea
    CHRISTMAS WISHLIST
    Rugged Ridge 13309.02 Roll/Pitch Indicator Clinometer with Light by Rugged Ridge

2006 XK QUADRA TRAC 2, 245/70R17 FIRESTONE DESTINATION M/T, ROUGH COUNTRY 2IN LIFT WITH RUSTYS FRONT LEVELING SPACER. FRONT AND REAR SWAY BAR HARDWARE REMOVED

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    You guys are being a little harsh to GetLost4x4 I think.

I have his prototype of a front receiver hitch. I think the bumper and my front receiver mount in the same fashion. I would not take a running yank using it, which is what I think happened with CrunchyWizards. It mounts to the side rails as well as through the cross bar. But it attaches to unibody sheet steel, and you're right, it is only as strong as the sheet steel and welds it attaches to.

It works great as a winch mount and tow connection but you have to use it right. You can break anything by abusing it.

That said, I applaud SteelArmadillo for looking for ways to add strength.

GetLost4x4 did show his stress in negative ways a few times. He was trying to make his company work and didn't get enough buyers to make it a go to support his family. He had 2 userids over time because he had a private one and then later started the business and used his business id. He was banned because of disagreements with the administration, not because he treated other forum members poorly. They wanted more money than he could afford to be a sponsor and I think he tried to continue doing business after he did not renew his sponsorship.

GetLost4x4 had a good reputation with many people on the other forum and was encouraged by many to continue to build things for the XK, when no one else was making the products he was making. If I recall correctly, the only forum member he had a heated argument with was ElCid. And I think he didn't represent himself well in his debate with ElCid.

I personally was sad to see his business not succeed and him leave that forum. But he went back to college to complete his degree.

You're right, you should not bash competitor's products, but I don't think we should bash him personally either. Nor should you take pleasure in his demise.
    2007 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Rusty's 2" lift, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, GetLost4x4's front hitch mount for portable winch.GY Duratracs 265/70R17s, Rola Roof Rack.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GPintheMitten View Post
    You guys are being a little harsh to GetLost4x4 I think.

I personally was sad to see his business not succeed and him leave that forum. But he went back to college to complete his degree.

You're right, you should not bash competitor's products, but I don't think we should bash him personally either. Nor should you take pleasure in his demise.
    Well said! Ross is a great guy and started the ball rolling for many of us.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar
    I also never had a problem with Ross. He made me a couple of different products and they are still working fine. I met Ross in Chicago for a tour of our plant and an interview. I wanted to hire him but our orders were down and the timing was not right. I was impressed with his abilities and was glad when he choose to return to college for his degree.
    2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar
    Hey Doc, what do you think it would cost for a similar exoskeloton for a commander?
    -Ross
    2008 3.7L QT-1 dark blue Jeep Commander // 3+" modified OME lift with 3/8" Rocky Road strut spacer // 4" rear SL springs // 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs (Load E) // 1.5" spidertraxx spacers // F-150 Monroe Load Levelers // 4xguard matrix, front guard, belly guard, and rock sliders // 130 watt KC Daylighters - 2 // Airflow snorkel // Thrush welded exhaust // Defender Roof Rack with side ladder // Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar

Talking

I ALMOST got my wish... sort of... This happened about a quarter mile from my OLD office ('02-'06)!!!

Money Remains Missing After $200K Blows Out Of Armored Van

Only $400 has been returned so far! With $200k, I could order a Viper V-10 crate engine, and I could build Jeepzilla!!!
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty El Cid's Avatar
    Someone once mentioned that 4xGuard should make XK foglight guards. I remember thinking it was kind of silly at first, but then the more I thought about it I thought it would be pretty darn cool. I made some aesthetic designs for the guard, but I never took the time to figure out a no-drill mount for it.

So if Steel Armadillo could figure out a no-drill mounting system, I think that'd be a dynamite little product that's cheap but useful!
    Mike
    2006 5.7L Limited, Inferno Red, QDII, and all goodies. Modified Superlift 4" lift-kit, B.F.G. 285/70R17 A/Ts (1.25" spacers), Aries tail-light guards, AVS ventvisors, KC Hilites off-road lights, and from 4xGuard: Belly Guard, Front Guard 4, Matrix brush guard with Receiver and Grill Hoop, Rear Diff Guard, Rear Guard 2, Rear Sliders, and Side Guards.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information