Thread: What do you need for your Jeep?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Supporting Vendor Looking for Dirt Steel Armadillo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    As I said, we never went to prototype on them, though: I came up with the design -- it's a bit like the Matrix in terms of its complexity -- and I executed a basic proof-of-concept mockup, but then other things took precedence in the production queue and they got put on the backburner. Then the business sold.

As it happens, I was actually talking today with another manufacturer about dipping into my pool of unborn designs. He was specifically after two other products -- also cool things, one for the XK and one for the WK/XK -- and I haven't had time to even contemplate where it all might lead. So give me time ... or give me an offer I can't refuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    For what it is worth, I think it's in poor taste to intercede in the thread for a competing product in order to promote your own.
    I guess it is okay for you but not me to make a mistake and post in other business threads promoting what you are doing?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty El Cid's Avatar
    In case you don't remember, Knappster/Steel Armadillo, you are the one who asked the questions about my designs. Shall I ignore your questions next time?

Besides which, trying to flip this accusation against me doesn't make any sense. I have no competing products, after all. I have no business. I have nothing to promote.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but you're really only proving the point I was trying to make before. Your personal business interest is leading you to attack an enthusiast for being an enthusiast. It's your forum, but I sure hate to see it go down that road.

(And this after I went out of my way to throw Steel Armadillo a bone by pointing out how your design appears to be better than Get Lost's? Seriously?)
    Mike
    2006 5.7L Limited, Inferno Red, QDII, and all goodies. Modified Superlift 4" lift-kit, B.F.G. 285/70R17 A/Ts (1.25" spacers), Aries tail-light guards, AVS ventvisors, KC Hilites off-road lights, and from 4xGuard: Belly Guard, Front Guard 4, Matrix brush guard with Receiver and Grill Hoop, Rear Diff Guard, Rear Guard 2, Rear Sliders, and Side Guards.

Thread Information