Thread: Rear rough country spacer & ome hd springs????

Junior Member Looking for Dirt cis911's Avatar

Rear rough country spacer & ome hd springs????

So this is my set up
    front: 2in rough country spacer and rustys leveling spacer
    rear: 2in spacer
    245/70r17 firestone destination m/t

i just recently took a trip to gold mountain trail in big bear ca. The xk did awesome the only problem i ran into was the rear end was dragging over some obstacles. Now i had an idea of lifting the rear with some ome hd springs along with the rc spacer. Can you give me your input on this. I dont care if the xk has a slight rake. Overall im hoping for an increase in my departure angle and maybe even increase my breakover angle. What do you think

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    There shouldn't be any issues if that's what your worried about. The HD springs supply the same amount of lift as the budget boost I believe so adding the spacer to it increases your lift even more. Just be sure to flex it out with a jack at home and check all the angles and everything but if you leave you sway bar connected and or have stock length shocks on you should be fine. Keep in mind though with stock length shocks and adding the amount of lift your going to your limiting your down travel by a lot.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    I would just buy the rear skid, or rear sliders. stacking the lifts in back and keeping it the same up front will give it a really nose down stance
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Get the rear OME HD springs And the F150 Monroe load levellers and remove the lift spacer. That'll keep the rear end up, add flex and properly limit the suspension travel.

The problem with the stock springs is they're so soft that you have a lower effective ground clearance due to how much they'll compress while off-road. The increased spring rate of the OME helps maintain the added ground clearance as the vehicle is bouncing around or dropping off rocks.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Definately dont use the OME HD springs in the rear with the lift spacers. Do what Matt said!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Junior Member Looking for Dirt cis911's Avatar
    so if i take out the spacer and add the ome hd springs and the monore load leveler shocks will the rear end of my xk sit higher than what it currently sits?
    CHRISTMAS WISHLIST
    Rugged Ridge 13309.02 Roll/Pitch Indicator Clinometer with Light by Rugged Ridge

2006 XK QUADRA TRAC 2, 245/70R17 FIRESTONE DESTINATION M/T, ROUGH COUNTRY 2IN LIFT WITH RUSTYS FRONT LEVELING SPACER. FRONT AND REAR SWAY BAR HARDWARE REMOVED

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Yes. That's exactly what I just did.

There's a link to my load leveller install in my garage thread.

Thread Information