Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Show Your "WHOOPS" Commander Stuck Pictures

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar

Show Your "WHOOPS" Commander Stuck Pictures

Post pictures of your stuck XK here!

These are all from last summer.

.....and the aftermath!

Same mud hole but opposite end. This happened a few weeks later.

....and this past winter. High centered on 3 inches of ice!

Last edited by 07JeepXK; 06-28-2010 at 06:46 PM.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Junior Member Looking for Dirt adamag25's Avatar
    Stuck in a snow drift in my back yard after sliding sideways.

06 4.7 Bright Silver
    HILLBILLY DELUXE

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Tymac's Avatar
    I've been known to bury the Commander a time or 3, but this was the worst.

From the Mounds in 2009. If GP ever says it's not too deep, make sure someone has a winch ready!

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    Knock on wood, but so far, I've been lucky.

The closest we came was on top of the Horse Heaven Hills in the dead of a bad winter. I'd just bought the Jeep, and it still had factory Fortuna baldies with 50% tread. We took off across grill deep stuff, and I started to get REAL nervous after maybe 100 yards. I stopped, we got out and looked back. The skid plates were leaving a ''sled trail'' of mashed down, packed snow. My buddies acted as spotters as I backed up. I should rephrase that - I wallowed it backwards and out, with a dozen ''almosts'' for the next 20 minutes as it went off track.

We were MILES in, with the nearest pavement (read: civilization) probably 12 miles away. The snow packed dirt road we headed up was a maintenance road for wind generators, and failrly well traveled. We just headed out into the deep stuff where it ended at a whirlygig on top.

Now, as for other rigs I've had? The worst was a Dodge truck that skidded sideways off a cat-cut road in another winter. And, again, miles from anything. The only thing that saved it from sliding down to its death into a 200 foot deep ravine, was a large sagebrush that caught the rear tire. We spent some time digging it out, and carefully backing up onto the road. We had chains on, which helped.

In view of past stucks in my other 4x4's, I pack a ridiculous amount of recovery gear in the XK. I even have a full size shovel on the roof rack. An X-Jack with 30'' lift for getting out of sand. Tire chains for snow or mud. Someday we'll bury the XK, and the camera will come out.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar
    I also do not like to get stuck, especially if it is cold outside. I got stuck on a road in Vermont that was not maintained during the winter. It took a few hours to get out of the deep snow and was not fun.

I also carry most everything that I can to prevent getting stuck or to help recover anyone else that gets stuck. The most recent use of the equipment was to pull myself backwards off some large rocks that I was crawling over way out in the mountains of California when they choose to break into smaller pieces and leave me high centered. I have mounts on the front and back for my winch mounted in a cradle. I also carry straps and a heavy tree saver strap. I was able to wrap the tree saver around a large boulder buried in the wash and use it as an anchor to pull myself back off the rocks.

Last edited by HueyPilotVN; 06-30-2010 at 04:49 PM.

Get yourself a set of maxtrax, they have helped me so many times I cant even count any more.
    https://www.maxtrax.com.au/
    |________0000_
    l[__][__][_\\____\___
    l-- ________--|[]lllllll[]|
    (o)_)---------(o)_)-0-)_)
    I work off shore so that I can play Off road..lol

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HueyPilotVN View Post

I love the preparation and thought involved! If all else fails, plant Ol' Glory, make camp, and shoot some flares! Awesome!

This is a point well made. Getting stuck is one thing, but equipment you bring with you to get un-stuck (or comfortable while stuck) is another. Should that be a separate thread?
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I never off road alone so I always have someone to pull me out if needed. But I guess if I had a winch id have to try it out sometime.

Junior Member Looking for Dirt Phunkeydude's Avatar
    The day that caused me to need a steel bumper and winch...

OK, so the Commander got stuck...once....lolClick image for larger version. 

Name:	4x4 Track Century City 245.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	140Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4x4 Track Century City 246.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	141
    Last edited by Arrie; 07-06-2010 at 02:29 PM.
    |________0000_
    l[__][__][_\\____\___
    l-- ________--|[]lllllll[]|
    (o)_)---------(o)_)-0-)_)
    I work off shore so that I can play Off road..lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information